The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One Shot 207 Family Reunion

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester
Weekly One Shot 207 Family Reunion

Timey-wimey stuff as the Sentinels team up with Road Warrior Mainstay, Cosmic Inventor Writhe, Dr Medico and Super-Sentai Idealist to take on la Capitan, Citizens Hammer and Anvil, Fright Train, the Operative and Biomancer at Fort Adamant.

Fairly standard mint. Medico heals, Writhe gets his cloak early, Mainstay puts Biomancer in a headlock and goes mano a mano with him. The Sentinels burn through their deck in the training room. Usual stuff.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

This was plenty of fun, with the training room especially being a great addition to the game. Took out the Citizens first because of Bastion, then had zero problems, other than Caliginous Form disappearing on me early. I never did figure out why that happened. c.c

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Operative hit you with Toxin Darts (hit the lowest and destroy two ongoings in that play area). Same way I lost Hypocratic Oath in mine.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Oh, shoot. :O I figured it was something like that. I just never even noticed! I guess don't play both copies of whatchacallit the first round then!

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

But they’re so shiny! How could you leave one lonely in your deck when you play the other?

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Easy mint. It’s a slog. But nothing impossible. Go after Hammer/Anvil, and save Operative for last.  Otherwise straightforward if you know the decks

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Blackfang108
Playtester

Yeah, I almost went for the Operative second, then went "Wait, [redacted] her incap".

Of course, Idolater came out around that point, which sucked.

bolnerap

By the time Idolator came out, I had several ways of destroying things of 4 HP or fewer, plus the EMP cannon was available, so I just popped him and moved on with life.

I had a very, very easy game and won with full HP. My thoughts on looking at the initial board state were these:

- Hey, Chronological Hotspot. I have two healers, I can soak the damage from that. Let's leave La Capitan alone for a while.

- Tempersonation, however, can eat a fist to the face from the Sentinels turn 1 and I'll figure them out later.

"Figure them out later" meant having Caliginous Form, Hippocratic Oath, and Durasteel Chains out in short order... but I honestly should have left C. Form in the deck because I needed cards more than I needed DR. But it didn't really matter that much - the security droids were giving me bigger hits than anything else because CI Writhe was constantly shielding the people with the highest HP and/or himself. My team got plenty of damage together quickly and took out the enemies as follows:

Anvil, Anvil, Anvil (AND STAY DOWN), Biomancer, Fright Train, Hammer, Operative, La Capitan.

gossamerica2

Round one, Sentinels use Coordinated Assault to pound Chiquito.  VG Writhe uses Grasping Shadow-Cloth to send him to the bottom of the deck.  No more Chiquito.

Idolaters?  VG Writhe plays Swallowed By Shadow.  Done.

Later on, VG Mainstay has his vest and Leader of the Pack so he can intercept damage, and VG Writhe's power prevents the first damage to him each turn.  Between that and two Medicos, health is not a problem.

-metablender

Mint for me.

A really great strategy I found that I didn't get to exploit to its fullest was using the Environment (Training Facility) and VG Dr. Medico (Doctor's Orders, Lifeforce of Will, and Second Opinion) to load up Road Warrior Mainstay with uses of his Innate Power.

Then, before his next turn, if you can trigger a play of School Of Hard Knocks, Mainstay will proceed to lay the smackdown on everbody because Bring It! will trigger X times for each target, where X is the number of times the power was used. Especially great if Shard Strength is in play.

It would make for an awsome splash panel at any rate.