The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #178: Fall of the Prime Wardens, Part One

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
scifantasy
scifantasy's picture
Weekly One-Shot #178: Fall of the Prime Wardens, Part One

Advanced Villains mode: Bugbear, the Operative, Greazer, Miss Information, and Ermine against the Prime Wardens (PW Fanatic, Haka, Tempest, AA, and CC).

Holy cheese that was a cluster of a thing I can't say on a family-friendly forum. Advanced Mode with these villains really hurts. Miss Info kicks down the damage output, Blood Scent is unkillable, Ermine keeps blowing up your setup, and Greazer is a beast with the damage (he'll contract for Haka), After multiple false starts i got a Fine with Tempest at 2 HP and everybody else incapacitated.

bolnerap

The lack of available damage really hurts in this case. Something that works out well as an early play is to use Tempest's base power to play both copies of Reclaim from the Deep just for the card draw so you can start getting toward more useful stuff. If you can get Localized Hurricane and the Shackles out, the game gets a lot easier, especially once Miss Information drops. By then, you'll likely have multiple ways to pass Tempest powers and the battle can turn in your favor quickly.

I also wouldn't suggest trying to save Haka - I didn't see any prayer of getting Greazer down before Haka dropped, so I just let it happen.

Missingno
Missingno's picture

bolnerap wrote:

I also wouldn't suggest trying to save Haka - I didn't see any prayer of getting Greazer down before Haka dropped, so I just let it happen.

Careful with that, Haka dropping means Bugbear gets +2 to his damage since Greazer goes down with him.

I'll put things in here later.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

My problem is the darn Prime Wardens keep falling. >:V Tried this again with more intent towards keeping things out for Ermine to eat, but it didn't matter. I think I lasted longer, and took Miss Info down even, but there are just too many bad things to deal with all at once. I can't come up with a decent strategy.

Melkhor

Mint by the skin of my teeth, with this one absolutely being the Tempest show! When the storm finally broke, Tempest was the only one left standing at 6 HP. Genebound Shackles and Hail Storm, where you should *always* pick the order of the damage to get as many damage boosts as possible ending up saving the day, but damn if this wasn't brutal and punishing.

I let Haka drop first then took out Miss Information to get rid of her damage nerf. This, of course, boosted Bugbear to horribly dangerous levels, but Tempest just barely managed to take him down. Ermine was next and the Operative went down last (twice), but not before dropping Fanatic, Cosmic and the Adept, which made me *very* happy to have taken out Iaido Practitioner at the start of the game.

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Near mint owies.
First game I made two big errors, one with not having enough destruction fodder for End of Days to make it to the environment turn and the other trying to nuke The Operative with Wrathful Retribution with Unhallowed Halls out >.< . Still brought down MI, Bugbear, and Greazer (through losing Haka), but couldn't keep enough stuff to put out enough damage to get Ermine and the Operative.

Second game was getting towards the same situation, but I did manage to wipe the original ongoings with End of Days first round. I don't know if the not discarding from Constant Prattle made it easier, but I managed to get Localized Hurricane and Clensing Downpour on Tempest and was feeding him powers every which way I could. With that, I took the team from everyone ~6hp with Haka down to everyone near 20. Kill order was Greazer (via Haka going down), MI to get rid of the damage reduction, BB because he hurts, Ermine to stop the destruction, and finally Operative due to that Aegis of Ressurection she gets.

~Komori

FearLord

Damn! Narrowly missed out on the mint! Hard slog had brought things down to Tempest vs Ermine - lots of extra power uses from Incaps had let him clear most everything else - then she played her redirection card twice and I was stuck looking for a Ball Lightning (Tempest was at 2hp so couldn’t take the redirect...)

Game ended with everyone down apart from Ermine at 10...

Missingno
Missingno's picture

ARRRRRRGH, I was following a guide and I misclicked bad.  Gonna have to wait until next monday to get Guise.

I'll put things in here later.

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

Greazer and Haka went away first, like normal. I tried to take out Bugbear first but with Miss Information reducing damage, cards being destroyed so easily and him healing, it was not happening. So I took out Miss Information and beat up on everyone. With Fanatic able to use her base power at will thanks to the Seer and Argent Adept having multiple performances to play cards and use powers, I was often playing an extra 5-6 cards per round, which kept me ahead of the destruction going on and really let me dish out the damage. I was making a run for Bugbear, especially once Hallowed Halls came out and I could recycle Tempest's Lightning Strikes, and everything was well under control. Then I made my fatal error and didn't have Ermine destroy my top-decked End of Days. There went the entire set up. Bugbear still went down and the Operative went down once, but after that the heroes were at too low of health to withstand the onslaught.

Second game did not involve the End of Days goof, and thus a Near Mint, though the final health totals were all low single digits.