The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #173 Grapplefrenzy 35

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester
Weekly One-Shot #173 Grapplefrenzy 35

Annnnnnnd here we are fight fans for the most brutal contest of physical strength and skill since Grapplefrenzy 34!!!

Innnnnn the red corner the punishing fight club of Fright Train, Bugbear, The Operative and Proletariat.

And in the blue corner, Void Guard Mainstay, Haka, Mister Fixer and Setback.

So, we here at the Megalopolis Bowl have just one thing to say: Leeeeeeeeeeet’s get ready to rummmmmmmmble!!!,

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Fun and easy Mint. :) Shut up, little man.

If anyone needs pointers, I'll just say this: flog those Grease Guns! Mr. Fixer ain't got much else to do, and I got to use them a total of four times. Keeping Mainstay's environment destruction card from the start is also a good idea for when the paparazzi show up.

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Mint-Flavored Grease Brawl?

Fun little one shot, with no thought for defense from either side ended with 3/7/7/2. I could have played much more conservative, but where is the fun in that?

I am pretty sure between the 4 grease guns, the heroes did more damage to themselves than the villains did, what with Hermetic and Fright Train's incap ability. Setback was the ongoing handler, Mr. Fixer liberally sprayed the villains, Mainstay was a danger to himself and others, and Haka.... just kinda punched people?

I am also sure Haka would not appreciate Guise calling his mere a maraca, though he would kindly explain the difference to Guise after the fight, showing how it is a time honored weapon of his people (and not by bashing Guise on the head with it, Haka wouldn't do that).

~Komori

bolnerap

Curbstomping on my end, final HP 13 / 18 / 15 / 14. Only needed two Grease Guns. Probably would have gone more quickly if I hadn't played Fumbling Fool to take advantage of the two Exceeded Expectations in the opening hand, but eh. I popped Proletariat, Fright Train, and Bugbear very quickly, but the Operative hung around for a couple rounds because Megalopolis is Megalopolis and it temporarily slowed me down.

Missingno
Missingno's picture

Mint at 7/11/6/4.  Four grease guns really removes the threat from this fight, JUST!  PUMMEL!  BUGBEAR!  FIRST!  He pulls out Feral Brawn pretty early, so you really don't want to stall him out for too long.  Had an amusing Whops, Sorry! moment with Setback blowing up Fixer's Bloody Knuckles on the turn where he didn't have Salvage Yard in hand to spare the guy some HP.

I'll put things in here later.

FearLord

Lol, only managed a fine this week - first game I concentrated on Fright Train after Bug Bear and Prolitariet wrecked everyone with Everyman Strength. Second game I didn’t play the Grease Gun in the first turn and Bug Bear played about 5 cards in a row recovering from 3 hp to about 25, so I just started over...

3rd game went a lot better - Bug Bear, Prolitariet, Fright Train, Operative.