The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #168: Easy Street

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Missingno
Missingno's picture
Weekly One-Shot #168: Easy Street

Super fitting name if you ask me, though I feel like I'm missing a refrence.  Operative, La Capitan, Miss Information, and Friction against Legacy, K.N.Y.F.E, Tempest, and Ra.  Mint on Tempest Turn 3 at 11/11/14/10.

This party has a severe lack of ongoing destruction and ball lightning is a bit deep in Tempest's deck, so it's best to nuke Miss Information as soon as you can before she can get out anything nasty, though use that Take Down you got first to stop Heroes Unalinged from playing the top card of her deck first.  Aside from that use the high damage AoEs you got to cleave through the team.  I went Miss Info, then Friction who died to a behemoth, and then La Capitan and Operative died on the same turn.

I'll put things in here later.

bolnerap

Bunch of complexity 1 decks with a couple of 1s and 2s on the villain side is all that springs to mind for me.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

My only regret is there's no Daryl in Sentinels that I could include. Though there is a Eugene..  

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Easy indeed! The Mint came so naturally, I was afraid I'd done something wrong! It's one of those games where even if you don't play optimally (I didn't use Take Down the first round, for instance, and so got the extra card play), you probably won't feel it.

Having Chronological Hotspot play Inspiring Presence for me a turn early was nice. :)

FearLord

Mint. Quick and Easy. Focused Miss Information down round 1 and round 3 started with just Operative on 1hp who was easily finished off by Legacy. Really fast for a team game.

FrivYeti
FrivYeti's picture

I suspect the reference here is that next week's setup is going to use the same villains, the same heroes, or both, but more difficult, as per KNYFE apparently being lost in a haze of repeating time. I will wait to be proven wrong.

Hankroyd

MigrantP wrote:

My only regret is there's no Daryl in Sentinels that I could include. Though there is a Eugene..  

A 'Walking Dead' Season 7 reference?

WalkingTarget
WalkingTarget's picture

That's what I got from it. The song that the Saviors played on a loop while Daryl was their prisoner came immediately to mind.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

You got it!

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Oh, so I was right! :O Save that I had no idea how it applied to the Walking Dead, since I've never seen it...

“Mad Dog”

Well, this was... remarkably easy.  Hence the title, I guess.  First time I played this match-up everything was over before the end of the third round.  Later on I tried it again with some slightly different tactics and won on the environment turn of round 2.  I don't recall any other one-shot being that quick.

Like others posting here, I targetted Miss Information first, and she was done before the end of the first round.  I targetting Friction next and she took herself out on her second turn.  The environment took out The Operative and La Capitan on its' turn on the second round.  Hmm, just realized that the heroes only incapacitated one of the villains in this match; that's notable as well.

Legacy's "Take Down" in round 1 was key, and KNYFE was just a damage-inflicting powerhouse.  Do NOT pick a fight with her.

Simple, but fun, one-shot.

Oh, and I didn't get "The Walking Dead" reference either, and I've seen that episode.  ;-(

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

I didn't play Take Down and I still thought it was easy. I could see with all the damage cards available that I could take down any villain I wanted in one round, so I hit Miss Information with everything I had. Then I saw I could take down another villain right away, and then another, and pretty soon Operative was on her own.

I focused on La Capitan as the second villain because I was concerned Miss Information's incap ability would become bothersome with putting 4 cards under Chiquito every turn. Oh, and also because I had Tempest play Lightning Slash and Friction still had her Shock Dampeners out, so I went after the second best target.