The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #135: Sleep(3)

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
scifantasy
scifantasy's picture
Weekly One-Shot #135: Sleep(3)

Freedom Five Legacy, Prime Wardens Tempest, Freedom Five Absolute Zero, and Price of Freedom Wraith against Ultimate Omnitron in the Wagner Mars Base. As described by the game details, Omnitron will open with Sedative Flechettes.

The Wraith has an Infrared Eyepiece. Your argument is invalid.

Seriously--this was a walk through a Martian park. Deck control with the Eyepiece mitigates a good chunk of Omnitron's awfulness. (I did get a rampaged Technological Singularity in the late game, but Omnitron had <25HP at that point so it was all over but the shouting.) The Device damage reduction is annoying, but especially once Surge and Inspiring come out, Motivational Charge is a classic. And let's not forget how effective AZ can be with damage and damage conversion!

Mint, everybody was in the teens when Omnitron went down. And after round 3, no Component lasted more than a round.

Gus_Smedstad

I got wrecked on my first try. Not a walk in the park. It may be that I didn’t focus enough on Omnitron’s drones - the turn that really wrecked me was when he got 3 Assault Drones in play on the +1 damage side, doing 6 damage each.

Infrared Eyepiece doesn’t help with the rampaging side, and nasty stuff gets through. Like the Technological Singularity that killed my team.

One big problem was that Absolute Zero never gets either the Null Point Calibration Unit or Onboard Module Installation to search for it, so all that self-harm he does didn’t get mitigated. He’s really powerful once he’s got both modules in play, but he knocks himself down to single digits really quickly if he doesn’t have cold-healing.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Oh man, I forgot to go back and complete the last one! D: Which is a shame, I finished it with Flawless Execution.

Made up for it with a Mint here. I think AZ's problem is likely using his power to shuffle his deck. I mean, I got a Module Installation right after the first Pervasive Red Dust, I had no problems. But the final round was great. AZ gets Omni down to 11 HP, I throw everything the Wraith has at him, including a Throat Jab, which takes him down to 1. We go into his turn, he plays Technological Singularity, but because of that Throat Jab, it didn't matter, and Legacy took him out. :D

Reverend Pete

Mint.

I played fast and loose, dealing lots of damage, making sure to take care of the components as quickly as possible, and didn't have too much trouble. The most annoying thing was the Pervasive Red Dust, but that was more of a speed bump than anything. The Infrared Eyepiece is a key component in this one. A couple of Throat Jabs helped, too.

Absoute Zero did the most damage, with double Impales and a Cold Snap with Focused Apertures out the whole game. Didn't care too much about his own HP.

Legacy 20HP, Tempest 24HP, Absolute Zero 10HP, Wraith 23HP.

FearLord

Mint. No real issues. Eye Piece kept most of the nasty stuff away and even the red dust wasn’t too big a deal with plenty of copies of most of my most important equipment. Finished with everyone in the 20’s apart from Absolute Zero who was on 11. 

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Minty with everyone high teens (Thanks, Legacy!)

Nothing too scary, nothing too awesome. I was worried by the Sleep(2) that he would play his second Flechettes the next round, so I was slower to start, but everything worked out. Just kept focusing down drones, blowing up Components when I could but figured I could soak the damage if needed. Eye-pieced away several Adaptive Platings to keep AZ able to Double-Impale+Cold Snap. Terraforming away Red Dust acually helped me more than Omnitron :) . Shielding Winds is actually not helpful when youre trying to do 10+ damage Thermal Shockwave Shenanigans : /

~Komori

Basketkeep
Basketkeep's picture

Easy Mint.

Thanks to Infrared Eyepiece and Legacy’s Innate Power there was plenty of villain deck control, and I was able to get rid of Self-Destruct Sequence easily.

bolnerap

Easy peasy Mint here. I only used the Eyepiece a couple times, preferring to just use Into the Stratosphere for minor deck control and keep Drones coming back.

- Legacy never saw Inspiring Presence (I skipped a couple of card draws thanks to Interpolation Beams). Mostly, I had him do minor setup (Legacy Ring, Motivational Charge) and play damaging one-shots. Passed most of his extra card plays to Tempest (when he had card draw) or AZ (when he had things to do).

- Tempest did a pile of damage with Localized Hurricane and Grievous Hailstorm and had to play Flash Flood once to get rid of that pesky Countdown.

- AZ played Apertures, searched out both Impales, then got fully set up with double Impale, all the Equipment he could ask for, and Thermal Shockwave, which led to two big turns near the end.

- Wraith played and used the Eyepiece a couple times, then just focused on doing damage once she got a hair dryer.

Never saw the second Flechettes and I don't think I saw the second Tech Singularity. Omnitron went down the round after he played the first EPE. Final HP 17 / 17 / 28 / 24.

jstnmayo

i had a near mint because i put subzero atomsphere into play because i had no other play and thought why not. Why not is because his next turn put out a epe at the start of its turn and procedecd to take out 3 of my team. Next game was pretty easy.

Gus_Smedstad

Never play Sub Zero Atmosphere against Omnitron. Actually, I’m reluctant to use it against any villain that has mass ongoing destruction, since that results in doubled actions for anything that acts at the end of the turn. If I’ve got sufficient deck control to skip such villain cards, or villain ongoing destruction is limited so I can sacrifice other stuff, then it’s OK.

My second try was much better, both because I used the eyepiece better, and because Absolute Zero found his Null Point Calibration unit this time so he could really let loose. Mainly with the eyepiece I avoided Adaptive Plating (since that hosed me for a couple of rounds in game 1) and I favored drawing components over drones. Sometimes I forget that components can be weak cards if you’ve got enough damage output to consistently do 7 points a turn, since they don’t act until the start of the next turn. 7 points per turn is a little more challenging with Ultimate Omnitron on his 1 Damage Resistance side, but 3 of the 4 heroes get damage boosting cards early in this game.

Near Mint, and pretty walk in the park-like this time. Everyone was in their 20’s except AZ, and AZ was only low because I used a big Thermal Shockwave to finish Omnitron instead of healing.

EDIT: I wrote “coolant blast” where I meant “thermal shockwave.” I tend to mix those two up. I meant the one where AZ does 1 cold damage to 3 targets and then X fire damage to himself, where X = the amount of cold he’s done this turn. The one that can easily do 20+ damage and kill him if you’re not careful, but which of course triggers a cold reaction you can use to either heal him or put a big dent in one target.

Focused Apertures + 2x Impale means + Cold Snap means he’s done 8+ Cold damage before you even start hitting things with the current turn’s card (i.e. Hoarfire) or the 1 point pings amplified to 2 each.

Griff's Dad

Mint. Everybody at 20 hp except AZ, who was at 13 because I had him do a lot of Thermal Shockwave damage to himself in the final round.

Deck control was straightforward. The Red Dust kept killing my equipment and then an Equipment singularity took them out for good, but I was never in any trouble. Held the Throat Jabs in reserve for the EPE and killed the rest of the drones as they showed up.