The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #132 Out Of Sync

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Demiher0
Demiher0's picture
Playtester
Weekly One-Shot #132 Out Of Sync

This week's game was a long one but was fun because it let me try out different ways of using the heroes. 

Akash'butah vs The Prime Wardens Variants squad. Dark Conductor AA, Requital CC, Redeemer Fanatic, The Eternal Haka, FVI Tempest in Time Cataclysm

It's a normal Akash fight really sometimes she wings high and blows up useful stuff but given its the Prime Wardens they bounce back and continue to beat her in to a small paste. 

Not much more I can add to this really. 

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Mint. Results are going to vary wildly, depending on which decks you use Dark Dynamics on.

My hint is to select Tempest the first round, so he gets an extra Aquatic Correspondence. You'll spend less time saccing cards to draw that way, and get him to a usable power much quicker.

But I had no real problems, myself. Ate an Entomb played on the environment turn at one point, but everyone had been over 20 at that point. One Primeval Eruption brought out all three Rockslides and two Carapaces, but that was just more stuff for Tempest to hit. :V

Blackfang108
Playtester

Mint, and got my perfect win trophy, to boot.

Now I just need 2 more to get everything.

And one day I'll actually play a game online.

Edit: I accidentally used DD on Fanatic on turn 1, and then every use thereafter was on Tempest.  Once Cleansing Downpour came out, it was all over but the crying. 

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Minty with everyone mid teens.

Standard Akash'bhuta slog, not really scary at any point. Stuff kept getting blown up, but between Dark Dynamics whiffing some of those away and a Vernal Sonata/Reclaim from the Deeps cycle going, everyone can get their stuff back pretty quickly. Worst was like TakeWalker where an Entomb was played on the environment turn, but even that wasnt scary. A chain of Primeval Eruptions brought out a bunch of stuff, but End of Days meant that it hurt Akash more than the heroes :D

~Komori

Gus_Smedstad

Mint.

Given the intro text, I thought maybe this particular team was going to have problems. Not remotely. Frankly, all the heroes were having a good time. Enough so that it’s hard to name a MVP, everyone was doing so well.

Argent Adept was great for milling the environment when Akash was on her flip side and I wanted her flipped back, for blowing up dangerous cards fast with Cedant Dissonance, and for zapping the environment and the occasional Entomb.

Captain Cosmic was helping out everyone with his constructs, and since the game ran long (as always with the big green pile of dirt), he got 2 Cosmic Bracers out on himself so he could use Requital with impunity. Playing 4 cards a turn is ridiculously strong. The only real hiccup was when Main Computer Room played Entomb out of turn, and blew up all his constructs. He didn’t have too much trouble getting everything back, though.

Zealot’s best card was Zealous Offense, which took the Rockslides out of the picture. I didn’t even feel moved to play End of Days when Akash got 3 Rockslides out at once, because she was so effective and neutralizing them.

Haka had all 3 Domnions out, and was drawing cards like crazy. If Haka has most of his deck in hand, he can play Ground Pound over and over and likely get it back in a turn or two. Normally when he’s got a ton of cards it’s time to go Haka of Battle, but with Akash’s ridiculously high HP playing defensive made more sense.

Tempest kept throwing Into the Stratosphere to put Brambles back on the top of Akash’s deck. Those were total duds for her since they always targeted constructs. He did take a while to get going since his base power isn’t that great, and he didn’t draw any of his power cards like Hailstorm fo a while. He was really too busy doing things like Into the Stratosphere and Flash Flood to just lay out a sacrificial Ongoing to draw cards.

Really, the only downside to this matchup was how long it took, due to Akash’s tremendous HP.

bolnerap

Had a grand old time until the second to last turn, when an Entomb - boosted by Tendrils of Madness making its second appearance - KO'd two environment cards on Akash's flip side, which caused her to play two more cards, which brought out two Carapaces, two Rockslides, and a Phalanges. Eating AOE 12 in one round and losing CC's entire board wasn't particularly fun. But by the time it got that far, Akash was in the 80s and it was a fine time to just drop End of Days and move on with life.

Final HP values were all between 6 and 10 thanks to the megaturn Akash got. I didn't bother with much healing; I mostly focused on increasing Tempest's damage and having him use Grievous Hailstorm and damaging one-shots. He was regularly getting extra power uses in most rounds thanks to AA doing a bell combo of "boost Tempest and Akash's damage by 1" and "hit the Dynamic Siphon on Tempest for 1 Sonic". 

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Mint, but Tempest was down to 10 because of possibly the nastiest turn I've ever taken from Akash:

Main Computer Room plays Entomb.  Entomb goes off.  This in itself wasn't a huge problem, since I had Shielding Winds, so all my constructs survived (and I had a lot at that point, due to Counterpoint Bulwark and Energy Bracers).  But Entomb killed the Giant Mutated Specimen, which played another Entomb.  And that, in addition to killing all my constructs, killed the Main Computer Room, which played a Living Rockslide.  Then Akash played Primeval Eruption, which played two more Living Rockslides and two Mountainous Carapaces.  Altogether, about 15 damage to all heroes.

Fortunately, due to Dynamic Rainpour, the whole team was at full health or close to it, so it still wasn't a tough fight, but that turn was pretty spectacular.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Ooh, ouch. D: My bog Akash turn was similar, save that I got the two Entombs separately, so I was able to deal with the first one.

FearLord

Easy Mint. Everyone pretty close to full hp - with Tempest getting 3 power uses a turn he could afford to heal and deal out some big damage.The Entombs did nothing (1 came out and I Ground Pounded, then the second came out and I Dark Dynamiced Tempest to play a Ball Lightnight to destroy them both - which was really just adding injury to insult at that point as she was down to about 11 hp...)

Didn't even see a Rockslide...

Physicswizzard

Mint with all 13 of my hero targets at full HP (so many constructs this game).  I just have to say that Captain Cosmic's Dynamic Syphon combos so well with the Cleansing Downpour this game that keeping a lot of constucts in play was fairly easy, and super effective.

Physicswizzard

Raccoonoo
Raccoonoo's picture

Mint, but oh boy was it looking dicey at the end there.

I was winning pretty comfortably, despite my equipment and ongoings repeatedly getting wiped, but when she was down to around 60 or so health, I made the mistake of playing an End of Days when she had six limbs out and assuming the game was over. What I didn't notice was that Akash had somehow managed to play a Crushing Hallway on Captain Cosmic's turn which proceeded to destroy End of Days and all of my other ongoings, hurt me a lot, destroy every single construct, and lead into a round of all six of those limbs causing me an even more excessive amount of damage. I manage to get out two consecutive ground pounds to stave off defeat, but I'm just stalling and hoping for some luck.

My luck comes in the form of a Vernal Sonata, which I use to put End of Days on the top of Fanatic's deck and then immediately play using Dark Dynamics. On Fanatic's turn, I learn my lesson and blow up Marsquake before it even has a chance to somehow spoil my plans. Then on the environment turn, victory.

Haka and Fanatic were at 5. Everyone else was at 1.

gossamerica2

Normally I hate Shopping Trip, but with a Dynamic Syphon each for AA and Tempest, plus 2 Downpours, a hurricane, and a hailstorm, plus AA dishing out extra card plays, Tempest (with Shackles) dished out a lot of damage (3 Lightning Slash to finish her off).  Just wish I’d gotten Fixed Point at a time that would have let me put another Shackles in play.  All heroes at full HP.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Fixed Point won't let you get two of a Limited card, it just stops things from being destroyed. Limited cards physically (on the digital game) cannot be played if they're already in play.

gossamerica2

Ah, right, I was thinking of Fixed Point shenanigans like Mr. Fixer's tools or the Naturalist's forms. 

Gus_Smedstad

I never seem to do anything clever with Fixed Point. In my case, Akash'butah blew it up before it was my turn anyway.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Gus_Smedstad wrote:

I never seem to do anything clever with Fixed Point. In my case, Akash'butah blew it up before it was my turn anyway.

Same happened to me.

Reverend Pete

Good.

I’ve been on vacation, so just getting to this. Did it on the first try— it was looking like smooth sailing until the end, when Main Computer Room showed up and laid an Entomb on the team, followed on Akash’s turn by a Primeval Eruption. By the end of that, all of the living Rockslides were in play.  All of the heroes were around 20HP prior to that (except Tempest). After the Entomb and Rockslides, they were all at 4-6HP, and Tempest was incapped.

But then, Fanatic played an End of Days, and Akash went from about 70HP to below zero lickety split.

Argent Adept 4HP, Captain Cosmic 6HP, Fanatic 6HP, Haka 3HP and Tempest out.

QuirkyDM
QuirkyDM's picture

Just wanted to throw out the combo I used here at the end. Argent Adept played Vernal Sonata which let Tempest put Reclaim from the Deep on top of his deck. Then AA used his power to have Tempest play Reclaim from the Deep and put Vernal Sonata back on top, while Tempest grabbed Into the Stratosphere for himself. Haka kept grabbing Ground Pound and playing that, using his power to draw extra cards. Tempest used Into the Stratosphere to keep Akash's deck in check. Fanatic and CC did whatever they felt like. Everything got locked down pretty well. Fairly easy mint out of it.