The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Web Comic

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
meakatommy
Web Comic

I think a mini web comic series of SotM would be awesome. Just putting it out there.

Poop can wait, Time Crisis is now!

beevolant

I'd really like to see long form comic books myself - especially some of the comics mentioned in the flavor text.

"Crime doesn't keep the Sabbath"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I'd enjoy that as well, I was actually discussing it with a friend after I had bought it and played him. I just wonder how hard it would be to turn the script in the right direction to had in the flavor text to the appreriate issues.

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

It's something we're considering working on, though right now we're debating whether shorter webcomic-style stories or full-length comics would be a better move. On the scripting note, we have very talented writers. I always enjoy putting them through their paces, and would love to have the existing flavor text in there. Keep an eye out for updates!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Maybe a combination of both? I personally would prefer the shorter webcomics, since it will take less time imbetween comics and different character's comics will be released faster aswell.

meakatommy

Yeah and if there are enough of them, they can be printed in a hardcover or something.

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

Another option is to release them in a fashion similar to Warren Ellis' Freakangels. That is a page at a time online, followed by a print run.

meakatommy

That is a great idea.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

I'm curious about the interest level in this, so I added a poll!

Also, this seems to be more on topic than off topic, so I moved it :)

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Kat
Kat's picture
Playtester

I agree that comics would be fun to see in the future. 

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I actually like the idea of one page at a time, depending on how frequently it is released.

beevolant

Another vote here for one page at a time but I would also take long form webcomic style ala Order of the Stick.

"Crime doesn't keep the Sabbath"

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

If it were a page at a time, it would be at least once a week, more as allowing. I'd most likely commit to one a week and probably end up getting 2-4.

meakatommy

Any news on if this great idea is going to happen maybe?

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

It is something we're definitely planning on, we're just working out the logistics right now, but keep your eyes peeled!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

This is definitely going to happen, but not until the expansion is nearly complete (several months from now, most likely).

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

meakatommy

Awesome. Thanks for answering guys. Can't wait.

Cervie77
Playtester

I'm curious, what will the over all feel of the comic book be? On the campy side with Wraith pulling a live fish from her utility belt, more dark, with Visionary exploding peoples brains, or some where in between?

The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: boron.
--Brother Silence, Gamers: Dorkness Rising.

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

I would say somewhere in between. We take our characters very seriously, but the world they live in is more than a bit tongue-in-cheek. So expect light-hearted, but don't think that means we'll skimp on the plot.