The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

We played OblivAeon! (mild spoilers)

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
We played OblivAeon! (mild spoilers)

I'm not sure how many times I will play OblivAeon. It's longer and more complicated, and that's rarely what I'm in the mood for, but we were excited to tackle it today.

To my surprise, we won quite easily and in a relatively short period of time -- just two hours forty minutes. The ease came due to some good luck with cards, knowing enough to focus mostly on getting from phase to phase rather than fighting Scions and Aeon men, taking the most difficult Scion out of the game before play started, choosing the shield that we'd have the most control over (getting rewards) and then getting those rewards quite quickly, and having Legacy and Tachyon do an astonishing job with multiple Take Downs and Hypersonic Assaults of almost completly neutering the villains for many rounds.

The short time period was due both to the relative ease of the game, as noted above, including the Take Downs simply leading to fewer cards being played, but also to being mindful to take heroes and environments that we knew well. In addition, we had only three heroes, which greatly reduced the communication needed about what we should do. It also helped to have on person each responsible for running each battle zone and the OblivAeon turn.

We faced six scions, destroying two of them. No environments were destroyed, though we did get to 12 devastation tokens, so one of them would have been destroyed on OblivAeon's next turn -- and Silver Gulch was almost lost due to being lost in the past. Team Leader Tachyon, Legacy, and Ra were all incapacitated, to be replaced by Super Scientific Tachyon, Young Legacy, and Chrono-Ranger. The rewards were mostly put to good use, and OblivAeon's third phase was handled in just two rounds. I ended up, as Chrono-Ranger, with all of the four or five targets in my area being able to do four or five points of damage during my end of turn. Fun times!

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I was actually kind of astounded-- we got in a 4 player game last night and not only did we win...*no one died*.

We played with Ra, Parse, Team Leader Tachyon, and Akash'Flora, all starting off in the Enclave of the Endlings and the Time Cataclysm. We managed to complete Apex of Humanity and A Brother's Sacrifice in the first turn, with a number of other readers soon to follow, including Devastating Aurora.

Between Brothers Sacrifice and 3 hypersonic assaults, we didnt take damage for 4 straight rounds. TLT picked up Lucky Strike and the Virtuoso spirits, while Ra picked up Cursor and the Bloodsworn Coliseum.

By game end, we'd killed 6 Scions (including *that* guy), and Tachyon used a fully amped up Oblivaeon shard to pound the cosmic destroyer into submission.

End tally? One dead Oblivaeon, 6 dead Scions, only one environment lost (Time Cataclysm), and no fatalities.