The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Virtual miniatures games?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
SpiredWarrior
Virtual miniatures games?

Talking to Silverleaf and MigrantP tonight in the Handelabra stream put me in a mood for virtual miniatures games/tactics games. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm already looking at Hero Academy, so I might pick that up if/when I can scrounge up the money for it (I don't have an android or an iDevice), but I want other suggestions until then.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

I've been enjoying BattleLore on my iPad, if you like the Command & Colours system.

Edit: And then I saw you don't have an iDevice.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

SpiredWarrior

No worries, I just looked at that a little bit and apparently a PC version is in the works (or at least was. idk if it got cancelled or not, I can't tell) so I'm gonna be keeping an eye on that too.

Edit: I spoke too soon. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=360439213 It's apparently been Greenlit on Steam.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

About the only game I can think of that I've played which features "virtual miniatures" is Card Hunter, but that's not a wargame or anything. It's like DnD battles where all your actions are on cards (and which ones you have access to are determined by your gear). So it's not like wargaming or anything like that - you just have a small party of three characters (I can't remember if you can get more later on) who can be Human/Elf/Dwarf and Fighter/Mage/Priest and play through various combat scenarios against different groups of monsters. It's free, at least (well, you can pay to unlock stuff but I did fine without that), so no harm done if you have a go and don't like it ;).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

SpiredWarrior

I played Card Hunter a month or so back, and I really liked it but I don't play it much. I should fix that. Thanks for reminding me about it!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"