The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Villains rules questions!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Trajector
Trajector's picture
Villains rules questions!

A couple items from my first Villains game:

1. Villains introduces wording that refers to a player's "play area." Cards like Twist the Ether and Energy Bracer are in the play area corresponding to the card they are "next to," correct?

2. Mayor Overbrook causes three players to discard the top card of their deck, with Chiquito in play. The monkey now has all three discarded cards, correct?

3. The circus AAAAAAH WHY IS IT SO FIDDLY??!??

(We got into a situation with Maze of Mirrors, Shooting Gallery, four other attractions, Smoke Bombs, the Naturalist with Rhino form and Resilient Hide, and all three heroes tied for HP. It was....the most head-scratching this game has ever been.)

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

1.  Play area is an old term (you can find it by clicking on the Gameplay tab on the Sentinels of the Multiverse tab {page 2})

Play area is just a term for the area where your cards go.  Cards that go next to cards in your play area are also in your play area.

2.  If Chiquito is still worded "The first time a player discards a card each turn" then yes, he gets all three.  Ermine and La Capitan are all the fun.

3.  The problem is you went full circus.  Don't ever go full Circus.  You have to keep that thing in check.  (Isn't it awesome though)

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Re: 1., I was asking about cards that you (may) play next to OTHER players' cards. Are your cards now in other play areas?

Re: 3., okay, I'll keep it to a more Forrest Gump level in the future. Well, if I can help it. That Abandoned Big Top makes a lot more Attractions than Wraith had Grappling Hooks! I will say that the Maze + Smoke Bombs + hero HP tied situation was responsible for most of our confusion.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

A card played on someone else may be in their play area, but it's still your card, just as if you get a villain card played on you (such as Infection or Isolated Hero) it's still a villain card and belongs to the villain in question :).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)