The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

villains of the multiverse expansions playable with the core game?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Flib
villains of the multiverse expansions playable with the core game?

Hi.

If you don't have Villains of the Multiverse, can you still make use of all the Villains of the Multiverse mini expansions? Like the Wager Master?

Thanks.

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Yes, all mini- expansions can be played with just the core game.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Villains adds 10 Vengeance style decks that you can use to play the vengeance format, you don't need the Vengeance game to play it.

It also comes with 4 environments that can be played in any game, in any format.

The mini-expansion Villain is a solo villain, it can be played with any other sets, and the Mini-expansion environment as well.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Yes

Flib

Thanks. I picked up some mini expansions today at the local boardgame store, and didn't notice that they were for Villains. :)

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Flib wrote:

Thanks. I picked up some mini expansions today at the local boardgame store, and didn't notice that they were for Villains. :)

There are no mini-expansions that are for "Villains of the Multiverse" or the Vengance format. This might cause confusion by putting it that way. Any mini-expansions are just that and are playable just like any normal game of SotM would be. Wager Master wasn't even released during th VotM cycle = D

Flib

Foote wrote:

Flib wrote:

There are no mini-expansions that are for "Villains of the Multiverse" or the Vengance format. This might cause confusion by putting it that way. Any mini-expansions are just that and are playable just like any normal game of SotM would be. Wager Master wasn't even released during th VotM cycle = D

Yes, that is confusing. After all, it's a mini expansion that has "villains of the multiverse" written on it.

I worried that, since Villains has a team mechanic, the villains mini expansion villains would be weaker of some sort, so that they'd be too easy to beat if played as the sole villain in a regular game.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Flib wrote:
Foote wrote:
 Flib wrote:

Yes, that is confusing. After all, it's a mini expansion that has "villains of the multiverse" written on it.

What? It says that?

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Foote wrote:
Flib wrote:
Foote wrote:
 Flib wrote:

What? It says that?

I can confirm that no mini expansion says "Villains of the Multiverse" on it. The say "Sentinels of the Multiverse" at the top, and say whether they are a Hero, Villain, or Environment.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Flib

Oooooh... Sorry, now I feel stupid. :/

I had the Villains expansion in my hands at the shop, so I guess I somehow thought about that, and read "sentinels of the multiverse - villains" with the villain mini expansion, thinking then that it was a mini expansion for villains of the multiverse... Sorry for the confusion.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

No stress. smiley Believe me, some of us have done far worse. 

I might even be on that list... Heck, I might even be that list. wink

Glad to have you join us! laugh

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Welcome to the forums!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"