The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Very New and Excited But Also Uninformed

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cosmic Ray
Cosmic Ray's picture
Very New and Excited But Also Uninformed

Hello! I discovered the Letters Page podcast about a week ago. Since then I have listened to about fifteen episodes, downloaded the phone game, bought the card game, and ordered the RPG Starter Set. This is a crazy cool world that I'm absolutely falling in love with. But, I don't want to be a poseur.

So, what do I need to do next to become a part of this community, participate in the upcoming shenanigans, and be the best fan I can be?

Also, here's a doodle of Haka, because he's my favorite and I hope you'll find it endearing.

Attachments: 
Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Welcome, Cosmic Ray! Glad to have you join our obsession! :-D 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

WalkingTarget
WalkingTarget's picture

You're pretty much doing it. I think I'm fairly safe saying that the community tries to not gatekeep, so don't feel like a poseur.

GTG and Handelabra (the company behind the video game implementation) both have Twitch channels. There's also a fan-run Discord (called the Realm of Discord, because of course it is) and a subreddit if you use those platforms. The Letters Page Patreon is another point-of-contact if you really feel like it (with the Contributor level getting access to another Discord). Finally, there's a fan-run, but officially recognized wiki for everything Sentinel Comics. That's saying nothing of the various company/individual's Twitter accounts or things like the extensive entries on TV Tropes for SotM content.

Hang out in enough of those places for long enough and you'll see a bunch of the same names cropping up, but participate to the level you want - you're welcome to hang out anywhere.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Echoing the others: your next - and last - step was signing up here and saying Hi.

Welcome to the community.

Cosmic Ray
Cosmic Ray's picture

Fantastic! Thank you!

I saw that the Fan Fic board looked loaded. Are there any of those threads you'd recommend?

RySmith6
RySmith6's picture
Game DesignerPlaytester

Cosmic Ray wrote:
I saw that the Fan Fic board looked loaded. Are there any of those threads you'd recommend?

A Part Time Job might be my very favorite, but it centers around Sky-Scraper, who you may not have met yet, depending on how "all-in" you are at this point. =]

"But dice are dice, and Dice are Fickle"

Internet Pseudonyms: PseudonymTwitch, PseudonymTweetr, PseudonymGamer

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Just keep listening to that podcast, there's so much to know! XD Welcome aboard!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Welcome!

How interesting! I wonder how many people find the games from the podcast rather than vice versa.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Cool, welcome to the forum/game/community/not-a-cult :D. Feel free to dive in with questions/comments/chat about whatever, and have fun playing the game(s). One of us! One of us! One of us! >:D

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)