The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

UNreasonable Requests for the Last Expansion

172 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I want a deck box for the deck boxes.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I want a sleeve for my collecter's edition box

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Trajector wrote:
Actually, some kind of feature to help randomly pick scenarios would be a terrific idea!

Since we're being unreasonable, though, I want that feature to be a single giant H-sided die (where H is the total number of heroes, of course).

According to the Q&A, there are 5 heroes in the OblivAeon expansion. That makes 28 in all, which is a pretty awkward number for a die. There is a nice 30-sided design for a die, however.
Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I second the want for plushies of all characters.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I want them to include seeds that when planted will form the shape and color of the characters. I want to grow my own heroes!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Pydro wrote:

I want them to include seeds that when planted will form the shape and color of the characters. I want to grow my own heroes!

I already have pea versions of many of the heroes. True statement. I mean they don't match colours or shapes, but they have SotM hero names.

Damn it, Ronway!

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

dpt wrote:

Trajector wrote:
Actually, some kind of feature to help randomly pick scenarios would be a terrific idea!Since we're being unreasonable, though, I want that feature to be a single giant H-sided die (where H is the total number of heroes, of course).

According to the Q&A, there are 5 heroes in the OblivAeon expansion. That makes 28 in all, which is a pretty awkward number for a die. There is a nice 30-sided design for a die, however.

Well then I want two mini-expansion heroes.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

morph147

BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:

dpt wrote:
 Trajector wrote:
Actually, some kind of feature to help randomly pick scenarios would be a terrific idea!Since we're being unreasonable, though, I want that feature to be a single giant H-sided die (where H is the total number of heroes, of course). 

Well then I want two mini-expansion heroes.

will agree with dpt. Here is to hoping for lots of mini-expansions

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Wouldn't that make it 31 heroes all?

EE = 10

RC = 2

IR = 2

ST = 2

V = 5

WC = 2

Mini-Exp = 3

O =5

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I think it should come with a flip book so we can see a hero moving.

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

I think the storage solution should be a shelf and in some alternate dimension... if they can make a maximum security prison to hold super criminals, I am sure they can make some self-storage spaces work...

Trajector
Trajector's picture

jagarciao wrote:

Well then, I want them to invent the 31-sided die and use THAT! We are unreasonable in this thread, after all.
Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I would rather them create a die that has every match possibility on it, that way I can roll it and have everything determined with just a single roll.

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

Trajector wrote:

jagarciao wrote:

Well then, I want them to invent the 31-sided die and use THAT! We are unreasonable in this thread, after all.

Nah. We need to add some sides for the promos as well.

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

jagarciao wrote:

EE = 10

RC = 2

IR = 2

ST = 2

V = 5

WC = 2

Mini-Exp = 3

O =5 

Oops, you're right. I was going off of http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/multiverse, which is missing Guise and Wrath of the Cosmos.

31 is an incredibly awkward number of faces. You could do a 32-sided die modeled on a similar pattern to the 10-sided die or a slight variant, but it would be pretty unwieldy. If you don't want a die like that, the next possibility is 40 sides. I'm not sure whether or not 40 sides is possible yet, but then after that the next possibility for a completely fair die would be 48 sides.

(This is based on classifying the possible symmetries. Fun with math!)

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

VisforYoshi wrote:
Nah. We need to add some sides for the promos as well.
That might make it better! How many promos are there so far? Of course we don't know how many new ones are coming with OblivAeon.

EDIT: Oops, that won't work. There are purported to be at least one promo per hero, which would put us at 62 or more heroes. Once you get over 60 sides, the next reasonable completely fair die has 120 sides, which just isn't going to work that well.

PeterCHayward
PeterCHayward's picture
Game Designer

Australian living in Toronto. I make a lot of games. http://about.peterchayward.com

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

morph147 wrote:

Matchstickman wrote:
You know, I think I want Sentinels' Sleeves now after reading that sleeve/box suggestion.

Second. But how many sleeves would that be? Upwards of 2500 right?

2,407 plus whatever comes in the final expansion and any additional promos and mini-expansions.

• EE - 578 (41x10 + 27x4 + 15x4 = 410 + 108 + 60)
  • RC - 222 (41x2 + 27x4 + 2/Operative + 15x2 = 82 + 108 +2 + 30)
  • IR - 228 (41x2 + 27x4 + 8/Ennead + 15x2 = 82 + 108 +8 + 30)
  • ST - 220 (41x2 + 27x4 + 15x2 = 82 + 108 + 30) 
  • Vengeance - 339 (41x5 + 4/Sentinels + 20x5 + 15x2 = 205 +4 + 100 + 30)
  • WC - 224 (41x2 + 2/Sky-Scraper, 27x4 + 2/Kaargra + 15x2 = 82 +2 + 108 +2 + 30)
  • Villains - 260 (20x10 + 15x4 = 200 + 60)
  • Mini-expansions - 276 (41x3 + 27x4 + 15x3 = 123 + 108 + 45)
  • Promo Heroes - 37 (YL-1, RCW-1, Ra-1, Fanatic-1, DV-1, EH-1, F6-6, DWatch-4, GIL/B-2, SST-1, Prime Wardens-5, Knyfe-1, Kvothe-1,TNat-3, Santa Guise-1, SI-1, HN-1, CR-1, Se-4)
  • Promo Villains - 8 (Omni, BB, Spite, Gloom, 2 each)

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

I want five virtual reality headsets with programs for each hero, villain and environment and appropriate responses for cards that enter play. That way we can actually be that hero, and experience what they are. (Just try not to freak out too much if you're about to be hit by the virtual monorail)

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Never mind the monorail, what about the Mongolian Death Worm or the Claustrophobic Delusion :O.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

morph147

arenson9 wrote:

morph147 wrote:
 Matchstickman wrote:
You know, I think I want Sentinels' Sleeves now after reading that sleeve/box suggestion. 

Second. But how many sleeves would that be? Upwards of 2500 right?

2,407 plus whatever comes in the final expansion and any additional promos and mini-expansions. EE - 578 (41x10 + 27x4 + 15x4 = 410 + 108 + 60)RC - 222 (41x2 + 27x4 + 2/Operative + 15x2 = 82 + 108 +2 + 30)IR - 228 (41x2 + 27x4 + 8/Ennead + 15x2 = 82 + 108 +8 + 30)ST - 220 (41x2 + 27x4 + 15x2 = 82 + 108 + 30) Vengeance - 339 (41x5 + 4/Sentinels + 20x5 + 15x2 = 205 +4 + 100 + 30)WC - 224 (41x2 + 2/Sky-Scraper, 27x4 + 2/Kaargra + 15x2 = 82 +2 + 108 +2 + 30)Villains - 260 (20x10 + 15x4 = 200 + 60)Mini-expansions - 276 (41x3 + 27x4 + 15x3 = 123 + 108 + 45)Promo Heroes - 37 (YL-1, RCW-1, Ra-1, Fanatic-1, DV-1, EH-1, F6-6, DWatch-4, GIL/B-2, SST-1, Prime Wardens-5, Knyfe-1, Kvothe-1,TNat-3, Santa Guise-1, SI-1, HN-1, CR-1, Se-4)Promo Villains - 8 (Omni, BB, Spite, Gloom, 2 each) 

eh good sleeves are 3 dollars for 50 so right now would need about 48 packs. Don't have roughly 150 dollars lying around for that. Guess I will be getting penny sleeves

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

I just dip my cards in sealer varnish and hang dry them for a day... good for life. 

EDIT: Disclaimer: The statement above is a joke and should not be tried at home. I assume no responsibility for cards that are damaged in this manner. 

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

So don't hang them to dry?

Bunston
Bunston's picture
Playtester

I'd like the option to include the four Villains environments.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I want the box to be a platform bot so I don't have to carry it.

jajd2c

Pydro wrote:

Maybe just have the promo "everything in one" box come with a Sentinels-themed back brace & weight belt?

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I think the box should include a serum that will provide a random super-power.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Julia
Playtester

I want the entire game to be made completly out of wood as a collector's edition. They did it for Catan, and I don't think we deserve any less.

Semper ludens.

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

Pydro wrote:

Taking this a step further, I want the box to be a mobile defense platform.

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

Blossercubbles
Blossercubbles's picture

Rabit wrote:

Seconded on the super powers! They could be as innocuous as, say, talking to squirrels and everyone would be happy!

I fall up the stairs.

"Right, Left, Right, Left! Chu! Chu! Chu!

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Blossercubbles wrote:

Rabit wrote:

Seconded on the super powers! They could be as innocuous as, say, talking to squirrels and everyone would be happy!

Why do you need super powers to talk to squirrels?

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I've talked to a squiggle lots of times.

Damn it, Ronway!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Serum for superpowers? That isn't a great backstory. Almost as bad as "mutant."

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Thousands of radioactive scorpions that shoot gamma rays out of their eyes?

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

Mutant isn't bad. 

Inhuman is better, though.

Serum isn't bad either, but it could be a lot better.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

I want it to contain Kate Beckinsale. Just for me.

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

morph147

Killswitch wrote:

Pydro wrote:

Taking this a step further, I want the box to be a mobile defense platform.

this is actually a good one that should happen. I will second it

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I hope they start taking videos and pics and create a "making of" documentary.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I would like a complete set of SotM Trading cards.

saykhia
saykhia's picture

I want the new Ra promo Super Ra God Super Ra which is the power level of Super Ra beyond the God form of Super Ra.

Prefers smooth peanut butter, but loves crunchy numbers.

Senf

Ronway wrote:

I would rather them create a die that has every match possibility on it, that way I can roll it and have everything determined with just a single roll.

Well with the current stuff that is out not counting the next expansion, and not counting promo cards for heros as that makes it much more complicated but counting every combination of group villians as a different villian option you would need a die with  4,389,236,280 sides on it. 

I tried to do the math for with hero promo cards but figuring in the fact that you can't have the same hero in 2 or 3 times using different promos it is far more complicated to do, but going to be over 150 billion combinations.

If you don't want all the different group villian combos as different options and not counting promo cards it drops down to 65 million.  Still going to be a very big die.  :)

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

I want the Kickstarter to launch right now.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Senf wrote:

I tried to do the math for with hero promo cards but figuring in the fact that you can't have the same hero in 2 or 3 times using different promos it is far more complicated to do, but going to be over 150 billion combinations.

Hmmm... someone remind me to do this maths once we know exactly what we're getting in Oblivaeon :D

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

DrZeeZee
DrZeeZee's picture

*Commenter's Note: I'm aware the thread title is "UNreasonable requests..." however the following are actually UNreasonble demands.  I refrained from beginning a separate thread*

1.  All decks arrive pre-shuffled

2.  GTG licenses classic works of art for new 'alternate art' decks.  Just imagine Francisco Goya's 'Saturn Devouring His Son' as the art for Bugbear's 'Unpredictable Powers' card, or the works of Salvador Dali repurposed in the Time Cataclysm deck.

3.  To match the Oversized Villain character cards... Complete Oversized decks!!! (see demand 1)

4.  Fully weatherproof oversized oversized decks of all heroes, villains and environments.  Mom says go play outside?  No problem.  These 2' x 4'  oversized oversized Sentinels decks are intended for outdoor and playground usage!  

5.  Let's get meta baby!  One Mega oversized OblivAeon Villain character card large enough to block out the sun Mr. Burns style!  The end is nigh!

6.  Kickstarter ends March 11...product ships that evening!

I also unreasonably demand that one day you guys get the spark to keep on with this game, albeit in a unified Multiverse (a, hmmm, Uni-verse, if you will).  Thanks so much for this amazing game.  Excelsior!

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I want a fully functioning, remote controled, action figure sized Bunker armor to come in my box; and the box itself to be able to fold out into a life-sized Bunker helmet that I can use to mentally control the mini-Bunker.

...Or a bagel. With butter.

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

I want the box to hold another smaller yet otherwise identical box, which will itself hold another smaller yet otherwise identical box, which will itself etc.

Alex
Alex's picture
Playtester

Your game looks great, I just have a few minor changes:

• Could you change all the text on every set, except mine, to Comic Sans? It is a comic so there is nothing wrong with this, I think it will make the game more friendly
  • I think you could save a lot of money if you stopped bothering with all the fiddly dividers and cardboard boxes and just sent people all 2000+ cards mixed together with the tokens, etc. in a burlap sack
  • I'm not sure if this will appeal to snake people, try putting hashtags everywhere, give every character a twitter
  • I bet this game would sell better if you included a Wii remote in the packaging
  • The cards provided work well with each other, but are not legal in Magic: The Gathering tornaments. Could you fix this, I promised my daughter
  • You're game designers, right? Why do we need to waste all this time with "playtesting," just work out how it will be ahead of time
  • I spilled coffee on your card proofs, Photoshop out the stains
  • That one stain added character to the card, Photoshop it back in
  • I have this great product placement deal with Taco Bell, can you make "Quesalupa (TM) damage" an official damage type?
  • I cut the roof of my mouth using the card as a toothpick, please include relevant warning label along with complementary toothpicks
  • Make the manual be pure red text on a solid blue background, it will make it stand out
  • There's too many female characters, find some photographs of male actors and Photoshop their faces on some of the women, but make it still look normal
  • New expansion idea: Baby Sentinels of the Multiverse, see attached Powerpoint, I just learned about animated slide transitions and I'm pretty proud of this
  • Include an option for faxing the cards to people, about how much cardstock will we need to give our machine? 

I make games! Here's one of them! http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/626169

BoardGameGeek interviewed me about my contribution to Shattered Timelines, Kismet! http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/17671/sentinels-of-the-multiverse-shat...

aawood

Ronway wrote:

RIght.

Let H = Number of hero possibilities (including variants, of course!)

Let E = Number of environments

Let V = Number of villains (standard playstyle)

Let W = Number of villains (Vengeance playstyle)

With that in mind, the number of possibilities (including 3, 4 and 5 hero teams) would be...

E * (((3H-3) * (V + 3W-3)) + ((4H-6) * (V + 4W-6)) + ((5H-10) * (V + 5W-10)))

If someone wants to give me numbers, I'll plug them in and we'll see how many sides that die has... Or someone else can go for it, of course! :)

PeterCHayward
PeterCHayward's picture
Game Designer

Doesn't that have the issue of rolling games with multiple copies of the same hero? (Newest + Greatest Legacy, for example)

Australian living in Toronto. I make a lot of games. http://about.peterchayward.com

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Belle Sorciere wrote:
I want the box to hold another smaller yet otherwise identical box, which will itself hold another smaller yet otherwise identical box, which will itself etc.
I want the box to hold another larger yet otherwise identical box, which will itself hold another larger yet otherwise identical box, which will itself etc.

Pages