The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Ultimate Collectors Case Questions

79 posts / 0 new
Last post
deddragon
deddragon's picture
Playtester

Come on folks, let's be realistic.

http://www.forearmforklift.com/

Trajector
Trajector's picture
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

In case anyone's curious, Sentinels currently weighs about 22lbs/10kg. So, yeah, the box is going to have to be pretty sturdy.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

I keep swaying back and forth between thinking I won't use the box (it doesn't seem very practical to carry, will take a lot of room on the shelves, if it even fits on one) and thinking I should get two (I use doubles of a few decks for promos and have quite a bit of home-brewed stuff that probably won't fit comfortably in one case)

Decisions, decisions... 

Entchen

I guess I'll be the odd man out and say I wish it didn't fit sleeved cards, just the actual SotM items.  It would be big enough already, and now I'm going to have a giant box that's half empty. I have to do some measurements based on the dimensions they released, but if it doesn't fit in the place I'd store it, I might need to downgrade my pledge and just keep items spread out over multiple game boxes. 

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

They are including foam blocks to keep things in place for those not sleeving.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Entchen wrote:

I guess I'll be the odd man out and say I wish it didn't fit sleeved cards, just the actual SotM items.  It would be big enough already, and now I'm going to have a giant box that's half empty. I have to do some measurements based on the dimensions they released, but if it doesn't fit in the place I'd store it, I might need to downgrade my pledge and just keep items spread out over multiple game boxes. 

I'm one of the people with thick sleeves hoping that the box will hold them, but I am very sympathetic to this point. If GtG took the stance that they were going to make a box that was perfect for people who didn't sleeve and that meant I had to buy two of those boxes, I wouldn't mind. As long as the 'face' of my sleeved cards fits, then the fact that _all_ the cards don't fit into the ultimate box isn't so bad. Mind you, I'd rather they _did_ fit, I just wouldn't be shocked or put out if GtG had gone a different direction here.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

arenson9 wrote:

If GtG took the stance that they were going to make a box that was perfect for people who didn't sleeve and that meant I had to buy two of those boxes, I wouldn't mind. As long as the 'face' of my sleeved cards fits, then the fact that _all_ the cards don't fit into the ultimate box isn't so bad. Mind you, I'd rather they _did_ fit, I just wouldn't be shocked or put out if GtG had gone a different direction here.

Yeah, I'm a sleever and I share this sentiment... especially since all the stuff I'd probably put in there won't fit in one anyway. But... I imagine we are a rather small percentage of sleever who feel this way.  It is one of the most common things requested, nay... demanded out of games these days. On a game with a few cards as part of a larger game it is a rather reasonable request I think, but in a game that is ALL cards and where accommodating sleeves requires a 50% increase in size, I think it's a bit much. The ability to just buy a second container would probably be a good compromise. 

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

While I don't sleeve and would definitely enjoy a box that didn't have that much extra space, because I have things like my extra Legacy decks (now up to 3), my own hero, villain, and environment, my own tokens, etc., I'm okay with there being extra space.

Plus, who knows what I might want to put in there in the future...

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Gold?

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

pwatson1974 wrote:
In case anyone's curious, Sentinels currently weighs about 22lbs/10kg. So, yeah, the box is going to have to be pretty sturdy.

Odd; I only got about 15-16 pounds when I measured my collection. Granted, I'm missing some of the earlier promos and the new overzied villain pack, but other than that, I have everything that's out so far that's directly related to the card game.

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

Everything as of last April but three mini-expansions (one hero, one villain, one environment) weighed 16 pounds/7.3 kg. Villains of the Multiverse weighed 2.7 pounds/1.22 kg on its own - but I got Oversized Villains, Tribunal, and Chokepoint separately. I got those numbers from Fed Ex.

I don't have anything I can weigh the complete game on, though. 

kerserv

I have another question about the case - Would it have room for the 5th Anniversary Foil Hero Collection? I looked at the Case and it says it has room for the oversized villain cards, but there weren't any information about if it'll hold the oversized hero cards. Another thing that made me a bit suspicious is the fact the the 5th Anniversary Foil Hero Collection is a limited one-time kind of thing, so it might not be taken into consideration while designing the box. I sure do plan on using those oversized hero cards, and I'll rather not carry two boxes around

Also about the room for accessories in the top of the box, Paul said "The top trays were specifically made with things like Spiff's accessories in mind, so I am glad that you like it and think that they will fit!" but I'm not sure about the wording. would it have room for accessories "such as Spiff's" or would it really have enough to hold ALL of them? I sure feel a bit like completionist guise while asking this. with Spiff's accessories, my case will be even more completerer!

Also, How are you planning on carrying the case? I know this question was asked as a joke but I am serious. For me, the weight is not a problem, I'll man up. but a bag of some sort could be comfortable to carry it. either by haing handles, or even better, a backpack that I can carry on my back, or maybe a duffle bag. Ronway mentioned the GTG Tote Bag but I am unsure about how strong the bag is, or if it is big enough for the ultimate case. Are there measurements for this bag? It sure would be nice walking around with the GTG logo. It would feel a bit more complete like that.

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

I don't think the foil collection is oversized. The cards are the same size as previous hero character cards. 

If you don't sleeve there's a lot of extra space. I am not sure how it breaks down with sleeves, however.

kerserv

Belle Sorciere wrote:

I don't think the foil collection is oversized. The cards are the same size as previous hero character cards. If you don't sleeve there's a lot of extra space. I am not sure how it breaks down with sleeves, however.

Thank you, this does help. In the comment about the case it says that theres room for variants. it's more reassuring then not seeing room for them mensioned at all. If the hero cards are not oversized then I'm pretty sure that there will be enough room. Too bad, though, I really hoped for oversized hero cards and thought that the foil ones are. My mistake, then. (I'm still going to get them all).

Oh well, I'm sure that I can still count on Spiff for those oversized hero cards.

skoticus
skoticus's picture

Entchen wrote:

This was exactly my thinking. While I do have the Cauldron sets to think of too, I still don't think it will even fit in my game cabinet, so just keeping them spread out over several boxes is going to be the best option. I down-graded my plegde already. Still not sure I won't get it, but more sure I won't  than that I will.

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

I haven't sleeved my cards but I'm still going to get the case. I'll have four blocks with the case + five more from the base game and RC+IR so that will help pad things out.

Plus I may very well decide to sleeve them later.

riff.freelance
riff.freelance's picture

I don't sleeve, yet I might in the future. I really don't have many of the promos, yet geting them all here, Villians and Holiday pack only. I don't have the Cauldron, yet I was gonna order it when 2 news items made me decide to wait. (the Oblivaeon announcement and the possible news coming down the DTCards pipeling re: Cauldron) I'm kinda hoping that Cauldron will fit without sleeves, and if it doesn't then I will sleeve for sure. I want the box for at least 2 reasons: 1 my box for the base game has seen better days, and >Games can have an extra chunk of my cash for the awesome stuff they're promising and I want to contribute the most I can. Heck, if I hat $400, I'd get the whole enchilada. 

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

kerserv wrote:

Oh well, I'm sure that I can still count on Spiff for those oversized hero cards.

You got that right, brother. Imma keep making oversized hero cards until they kick down my door and make me stop (though just asking me nicely to stop would probably be easier). 

In fact, as long as I can get my hands on the art, I plan on making a whole new set of oversized hero cards for all of the promos using the new art. I won't print them all out myself since they'll just be duplicates of hero trackers I already have, but I'm sure I'll want to swap out some of them (looking at you, Young Legacy), and I'd love to post them for others to use too.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

BAMJoe

jlabrecque42 wrote:

BAMJoe wrote:
 jlabrecque42 wrote:
I wish the box was bigger.  I love this game, and because I want it to last, I double sleeve my cards with KMC perfect fits inner and KMC Hyper Matte Clear outer.  This way I can get maximum protection, and I can enjoy the awesome artwork on both sides of the cards.Unfortunately, the box would have to be 5-7" longer, or tall enough for one more row of drawers to accomodate the thickness of double sleeves.  I realize that I'm on the extreme end of sleeving, and people who don't sleeve would have a box with waaaayyy too much empty space.  My solution will probably end up being the Ultimate Collectors Cases for everything except the Vengence Villains, and maybe a few less played environments and villains in one of the core boxes.Still crossing my fingers that it will be slightly larger though....  1.5 million stretch goal anyone :) 

Wow, the cost for all of these sleeves would cost way more than the games themselves.  I am not judging (I did the same for my Mage Knight cards), I wish I could do that as well.

The key is to buy in bulk and spread it out over the course of several months.  I like to bring SoTM to my weekly boardgame club and some of the younger folks were a little too careless with the cards for my taste.  I love the game and I want it to last, so I use my monthly boardgame budget toward sleeves when I can get a good deal.

Where do you pick up your Hyper Mattes in bulk?  I have been looking for a good deal.

VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture

I have a duffel bag that I use to carry all of my Sentinels stuff. Once I get the collectors case, I will probably still be using the duffel bag

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

MCPooge

So I thought of a question that maybe those who are more inclined to measuring stuff might be able to answer: will the drawers fit the old dividers, or are the new dividers simply colorful and would lie flush with the cards? I really like being able to look at the sea of tabs and browse everything that way...

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

This update has pictures of the dividers: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/sentinels-of-the-multiverse...

They're going to be thicker and sturdier than the old dividers so the old dividers will fit.

skoticus
skoticus's picture

Does anyone k ow the dimensions of the regular boxes? I am out of the country for a few months and don't have my cards. Trying to decide if this box is even going to fit in my game cabinet. 

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I just measured my vengeance box and got 290mm by 201mm by 81mm. My base set box is very slightly smaller, just enough smaller that the lids can't be interchanged.

skoticus
skoticus's picture

dpt wrote:

I just measured my vengeance box and got 290mm by 201mm by 81mm. My base set box is very slightly smaller, just enough smaller that the lids can't be interchanged.

Thanks! That's very helpful. This collector's box is going to be HUGE!

Bas

Seemingly a minority, but I am sincerely hoping that it will fit all cards with slightly-cheaper-but-still-premium sleeves.

MCPooge

Belle Sorciere wrote:

This update has pictures of the dividers: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/sentinels-of-the-multiverse...'re going to be thicker and sturdier than the old dividers so the old dividers will fit.

Awesome, thanks! I had totally forgotten it said they were tabbed. That's quite a load off of my mind!

Pages