The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Two-Hero Challenge

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities
Two-Hero Challenge

I wanted to try this again.

Anyone have a recommendationt to what villain is doable with only two heroes? Also, does the environment matter a lot?

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Yak Guardian
Yak Guardian's picture
Playtester

I tried Ra and the Sentinels vs Baron Blade on Insula Primalis today and went down in flames in 7 rounds.

So, uh, not that.

Yak Guardian
(aka Michael)
R.I.P. Blake Washington

Ironic
Ironic's picture

I respectfully disagree.

Blade is easy and not overly reliant on things like Ongoings which you're more likely to have no answers for in a low-Hero game.

So far, the villains that I've faced with only two heroes are Blade and Ambuscade - in both cases, I found that it added some real challgence to normally aenemic villains - good times.

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

Yak Guardian
Yak Guardian's picture
Playtester

Oh, I'm sure you're right, Ironic. Had I tried Ra and (anyone who isn't the Sentinels) it probably would have gone a lot better.

Trying Ra and Chrono-Ranger vs Promo-Baron Blade next.

Yak Guardian
(aka Michael)
R.I.P. Blake Washington

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

My friends beat Kismet with Nightmist and Dark Visionary last week. DArk Visionary kept on top of the villain deck and Nightmist bounced Kismet's damage, plus the usual mad Nightmist tankiness. They said it was extremely easy. 

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

UXM266
UXM266's picture

I tried Omnitron, in Time Cataclysm with DW Expatriette and GI Bunker. He was down to 5. *5* life, then he qiped out all mny equipment dealing 14 damage to each of my heroes. 

So close....

Ironic
Ironic's picture

UXM266 wrote:
I tried Omnitron, in Time Cataclysm with DW Expatriette and GI Bunker. He was down to 5. *5* life, then he qiped out all mny equipment dealing 14 damage to each of my heroes. So close....

Wow, brutal.

My favorite two-hero game was with Chrono-ranger and Wraith against Ambuscade.  I figured it'd be a walk in the park, because, you know, Ambuscade, but in practice, the Ranger is kind of garbage against someone who has damage reduction, multiple 8-10 HP Targets, and is sometimes immune to damage themself.  We got whittled down to 5-ish health a pop with barely anything on Ambuscade.

Then, Wraith finally got her Stun Bolt/Smoke Bombs/Infrared Eyepiece swinging, and we nuked him down in turns flat.  Still, it was a near thing... and had he been Advanced Ambuscade, we would have actualy lost!  Crazy times.

Typing al of this up, I am getting a truly insane idea for a two-Hero game I want to try: Iron Legacy.

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Hmm, one thing on Omnitron - Tech Singularity doesn't nuke everyone for the same damage - it nukes each hero based on how much equipment that hero lost. So someone who loses none will take no damage, while someone who lost two cards will take four damage, and so on. I don't know whether this will have made a difference to you, since if you say they took fourteen damage that must mean they had seven cards out between them (since I'm not sure it'd be possible for them to have out seven cards each - while Expatriette might manage that, I don't think Bunker can) so I'm guessing three or four cards each and thus around six or eight damage received, but it might be nice to know for the future :).

Sedative Flechettes, on the other hand does nuke everyone, for the same damage, regardless of how much stuff (if any) they lost.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Sefirit

I tried a vengence style 2v2 game with Naturalist and Knyfe against Fright Train and Baron Blade.  I didn't use and environment at all but got a narrow victory.

I also tried just Knyfe vs Proletariat with no environment and won that game as well though it was super fast and card draw was a big reason why.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Ameena wrote:

Hmm, one thing on Omnitron - Tech Singularity doesn't nuke everyone for the same damage 

I thought it was each hero for ALL equiment. Maybe I read it too quickly. Thanks for the update!

Thought it doens't change much since that only one person would have survived, and lost all my damage dealing stuff. So yeha. Sad face

Yak Guardian
Yak Guardian's picture
Playtester

Yak Guardian wrote:

Oh, I'm sure you're right, Ironic. Had I tried Ra and (anyone who isn't the Sentinels) it probably would have gone a lot better. Trying Ra and Chrono-Ranger vs Promo-Baron Blade next.

Ra & CR vs Promo-Baron Blade on the Mobile Defense Platform. Round 6. Ra took out Blade with a combo of cards and power (including the old blow up the Staff of Ra trick) though he'd only had to do one damage as Chrono-Ranger had a 7 hp attack all lined up and BB was at 8. Did it with (H) set to 2. Going to re-try with (H)=3 and BB on Advanced next.

Yak Guardian
(aka Michael)
R.I.P. Blake Washington

Ironic
Ironic's picture

I usually set H to 3, yeah - the game can odd with it at 2 (although, my Blade doesn't have any H anyway).

Advanced Blade with only two heroes is a trip, just so you know.  The Impulsion Beam gets scary.

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

MightySi
MightySi's picture

I two-manned The Matriarch in Silver Gultch using Expatriette and Mister Fixer. 

It went well, but I didn't use 1 as a minimum damage when doing H-x stuff, so it probably wasn't a fair fight!

MCPooge

I haven't tried a two hero challenge, but I did try one hero challenges against individual V5 villains. The ony one to succeed was Sentinels vs Fright Train in Freedom Tower. Knyfe vs Proletariat in The Block was close, but I couldn't quite manage. I also gave H a minimum of 1 to avoid wonkiness.

i would be interested in attempting an H=2 game against the V5 (err, V2?) sometime... Hmm...

UXM266
UXM266's picture

I finally dit it.

Through the Sentinel Sidekick I took two random ehroes, a random environment and a "level 1" difficulty villain. 

I was given Knyfe, Ra, Spite, and Pike industrial Complex.

No deaths, one drug, it was close but nothing too scary, but a vat explosion killed Spite.

It seemed a little too easy. I might try it again with a different set-up. 

Yak Guardian
Yak Guardian's picture
Playtester

UXM266 wrote:

I finally dit it.... 

Congratulations! And welcome to the club!

(I'd send you a membership kit if there actually were a club.)

Yak Guardian
(aka Michael)
R.I.P. Blake Washington

UXM266
UXM266's picture

My favorite club is the Jack. 

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Kanabo.

Samurai with Kanabo

Every time.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Christopher wrote:

Kanabo.Samurai with KanaboEvery time.

Teddy Roosevelt was said to have amassed a significant private collection of large and ornate Kanabo's as a young man. Historians credit this collection for influencing his foreign policy during his presidency.