The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Treacherous Ape & Staff of Ra

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Orange Mailman
Treacherous Ape & Staff of Ra

Question:

If I choose to use the Power on Staff of Ra (Projectile Damage) to destroy a Treacherous Ape, can the Staff of Ra be selected as the equipment which is destroyed by the Treacherous Ape as a result of destroying it?  Or would the staff of Ra already be destroyed because of the effect on the Staff of Ra power?  What is your ruling and please explain reasoning.  This gets a little nit-picky but I'm quite curious to see which gets resolved first.  Treacherous Ape is from the Dreamer's deck.  Thanks in advance.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

-The Orange Mailman

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

My vote - the Ape could destroy the Staff because the Staff's destruction effect is on hold while you resolve the Ape's destruction effect.  That makes the staff still in play when the Ape goes looking for an equipment to destroy.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I agree with Spiff.

My reasoning is "He is right".

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Yes, Staff of Ra is still an option to be destroyed by the Treacherous Ape.   This can be accomplished in the video game and the Staff is a valid option.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Right; the Staff is still in play while the projectile damage is resolving.

When you destroy the Ape, you then resolve all the Ape destruction stuff first, before going back to the Staff's text.

The Orange Mailman

Thank you very much.  Resolve one text before proceeding to the next portion of the text seems to be the prevailing principle here.  That is how we played it, but I let my wife decide because I could see it both ways. 

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

-The Orange Mailman