The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Time Cataclysm

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
j1hopki1
Time Cataclysm

From what I can tell each environment has contributed one card to the Time Cataclysm environment. I really like the idea, but I am having trouble placing a few. Let me know if I am wrong about where things are coming from.

Charging Triceratops is from Insula Primalis

Atlantean Throne Room is from Ruins of Atlantis

Surprise Shopping Trip is from Megalopolis

Marsquake is from Wagner Mars Base

Oppressive Smog is from Rook City

Giant Mutated Specimen if from Pike Industrial Complex

Crushing Hallway is from Tomb of Anubis

Fixed Point I think is from Realm of Discord, but I don't know why it's not listed as a distortion

Typhoon is from the real life typhoon that delayed the Infernal Relics shipment

Passing Tumbleweed is from Silver Gulch

F.I.L.T.E.R. Spy is from the Block

Tendrils of Madness I think is from Final Wasteland, but I don't know why it's not listed as a cryptid and I don't know what myth it's related to

Main Computer Room is from the Freedom Four Annual #1 comic book online

Rift in Time is directly related to the cause of the time cataclysm

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I'd've thought Fixed Point was another Cataclysm one, since it's a fixed point in time. Tendrils of Madness struck me as being more of a Discord thing - it's a weird, wibbly thing, after all. And not all Discord cards have to be Distortions - remember there's the portal fiends, bubbles, and other stuff as well.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

tacticaltechkyle

Targets in the enviroment decks all have a similar HP design (ie. the stretched canvas on sticks for jurassic park)

Match those up and and its not too bad of a guessing game for the tendrills of madness

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

I agree with Ameena -- Fixed Point from the Time Cataclysm itself and Tendrils of Madness from Realm of Discord.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

j1hopki1

I didn't know about the HP symbol thing. Tendrils is definitely from Realm of Discord then.

But, wait. Where's the Final Wasteland card? :(

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

j1hopki1 wrote:

But, wait. Where's the Final Wasteland card? :(

There are only so many cards in an environment deck. There are 12 existing decks  and probably at least six more planned (2 each in Vengeance and in each of the 5th and 6th expansions). There was never going to be room for all of the environments. My guess is that The Typhoon displaced something and when something had to give they took it from The Final Wasteland because that was a stretch goal which might not have been reached.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Plus there's no reason why Typhoon shouldn't be from the Final Wasteland - it's a wasteland, after all ;).

I also didn't notice that the hp thingys on environment targets are unique to each environment. But then, I've never looked at target cards from two different environments side by side before...

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)