The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

thinking about messing with Ar..

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
ahammer
thinking about messing with Ar..

was thinking about how beta works right now. printing out cards every time there is a change or playing online.

was playing with the idea of AR and playing around with that a bit after much internet searching I have not found a easy way of doing. without coding a UI or playing money.  something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sEFk4rRcU4 for playing cards.

without somthing like project glass im not sure how useful it would be. could pry use opencv to code somthing that would work on a phone..

do you guys play the betas mostly online right now or with lots of printing?

The_Densetsu
Playtester

I just have the card names printed on a visiting card.

When I shuffle and play a card, I can check a handy dandy reference sheet for what the card does.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The_Densetsu wrote:
I just have the card names printed on a visiting card.

When I shuffle and play a card, I can check a handy dandy reference sheet for what the card does.

Interesting. Sounds like you are playing one player games. I wonder how well that would work for multiple person games.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

The_Densetsu
Playtester

Well, he's referring to

Quote:
was thinking about how beta works right now. printing out cards every time there is a change or playing online.

So, for instance, the Infernal Relics play testing; I just printed out the names; had separate reference sheets for the heroes. (X power does Y). So, when stuff changed, I just needed to cross out one line for play testing.