The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

The True Leader of the Freedom Five

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
eggroll20xd6
eggroll20xd6's picture
Playtester
The True Leader of the Freedom Five

Now that the Freedom Five are independent from the government, who is the true leader of the Freedom Five? Legacy because he acts as the leader? The Wraith because she bought out the FF? Tachyon because she keeps everything running? Bunker because he was the first recruited by the government originally? Absolute Zero because he was the last hold out to join? Maybe it's Unity the intern because she can easily replace them all on her own? Discuss!

(preferably with better arguments)

Go forth noble heroes!

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Legacy is probably still considered the leader. I have a feeling that the group overall works like the Justice League with no real leader or at least no leader job title. By the time we get to Tactics, the group has been together for a long time and they see each other more like family than colleagues. I think everyone still looks up to Legacy like they always have, and he probably still pulls a lot of weight, but chances are the Freedom Five shares most of the responsibilities and doesn't dump everything on one person.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

Judging from the various speech excerpts and the like, I think that Legacy is the leader, though Bunker is probably more of the team tactician (EG, Legacy is the one that bolsters and inspires them, though Bunker is probably more the one to coordinate them in battle).

Starsaber

I would say that Legacy is the face of the Freedom Five for interviews and stuff, so the public probably considers him the leader, but Bunker is in charge when they're in the field.

Unsafe_Bet
Unsafe_Bet's picture

I vote for Bunker to be the leader of the Freedom Five, who stays back at HQ and pilots the suit by remote, while pretending that Legacy is in charge so that the bad guys will attack his invincible safe, and save the Army millions of taxpayer dollars that would otherwise go to repairing the suit after it gets trashed.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Well, while Legacy is the heart and face of the Freedom Five, each have their areas of expertise. Bunker is certainly the tactical master and controls a lot of the combat planning. The Wraith leads any stealthy operations the team engages in. Tachyon's knowledge of science means that when they encounter inexplicable things, she takes the lead in determining how they engage. And Absolute Zero leads their annual snowball fights against the Prime Wardens. Or, at least, that last part is what Unity claims to be the case.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Woohoo!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

So what we have learned today is that The Freedom V and the Prime Wardens fight annually and when it comes to that enormous challenge, the FV leans on Absolute Zero to guide them through.

Good stuff.