The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

The Slaughterhouse Six Into the Stratosphere...?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture
The Slaughterhouse Six Into the Stratosphere...?

I'm staring a weird interaction in the face at this very moment. The current situation is:

I'm playing a Vengeance game. Ambuscade has been incapacitated. At the current moment, there are no non-character villain cards in play other than two of his Nemesis cards. I just Experimented Into the Stratosphere (and Chain Lightning; that's where there are only two left) into play.

Now technically, Ambuscade doesn't have a deck. He's incapped and his deck was removed from the game. What do?

In the interest of me maybe having a shot at winning (I'm playing advanced), I'm going to throw Re-Volt on top of Ambuscade's "deck" and call him permanently out of the game. Of course, no matter what happens, I'm gonna hit La Capitan for a bunch of damage and probably win anyway, but I can't help thinking this isn't a valid play. Help, forums!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

There is no deck to go to so I'd say he is removed from the game by Into the Stratosphere.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Edit: I won anyway. :B

afgncaap
afgncaap's picture

Ambuscade's incap side say that you remove the Slaughterhouse members from play whenever something would remove them from the play area.  Since placing a card on a deck would normally be removing it from the play area, Into the Stratosphere would remove them from play.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I guess that makes sense, yeah.

Meemitone

Another thing to note is that with into the stratosphere you can move it to the top of any villain deck (unless that got a ruling I don't know about).

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I know from Beta and alpha testing with the video game Into the Stratosphere puts the card on top of the villain deck it belongs to.  I wouldn't have thought it would have an option and would seem odd to me if it did. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31