The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

The operative

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ixcelbrien
The operative

How many cards is the operative suppose to have?

I have 15 counting. Is that correct?

mightyschoop

I have 6 in the Uprising box, the promo bonus card, and 8 poison cards. 

danmarshall14
danmarshall14's picture

mightyschoop wrote:

I have 6 in the Uprising box, the promo bonus card, and 8 poison cards. 

This is correct.  7 main Power Cards (1 is a promo card) and 8 Poison cards (2 copies of each).  The Poison cards are used in conjunction with her powers and placed on other heroes (like Plague Rat's Infection cards from SotM)

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

that is correct.

Poisons do not get played on Operative, they are a seperate deck that get ploayed at Operative's discretion on targets that are poisoned.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

They are also not removed from play when The Operative or the player next to them are incapacitated. They can only be removed by their own text.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

None of that stuff made it into any kind of a rulebook, did it?  Who's volunteering to maintain the FAQ this time? ;)

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

*avoids eye contact*

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Spiff is pretty good about that. Maybe he'll do it.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

-- Trajector

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Ha, it's not impossible.  But it'd take a long boring weekend for me even to take a shot at it, and it won't be like with SotM - we don't get official rulings anymore like we used to because the stable of knowledgeable playtesters we have now answer questions before Christopher ever can.  So it'd have to be full of "probably correct" information rather than "officially confirmed" information.  That's probably still worth doing, though.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

McBehrer wrote:

They are also not removed from play when The Operative or the player next to them are incapacitated. They can only be removed by their own text.

During playtesting, it was confirmed that the poisons stay when Operative is incapped but not when the player that's poisoned is incapped.

lutherbellhendricksv wrote:

When someone is incapacitated, you basically wipe their board. Powers, tokens, everything. The poisons too.

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I was under the impression that Christopher had said otherwise. "They are the Operative's cards, not theirs, so they are not removed."

It may depend on who was asked first, as it may have changed.

-- Trajector

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Huh, I guess not. Must have just misremembered, then. Or I was just thinking of when Operative is Incapped, they stay.

-- Trajector

Katsue
Katsue's picture

Koga wrote:

During playtesting, it was confirmed that the poisons stay when Operative is incapped but not when the player that's poisoned is incapped.

lutherbellhendricksv wrote:
When someone is incapacitated, you basically wipe their board. Powers, tokens, everything. The poisons too.

For the next printing of the expansion, I feel that this should be put on the Poison cards, as it is not obvious which way it should work.

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

Spiff wrote:

Ha, it's not impossible.  But it'd take a long boring weekend for me even to take a shot at it, and it won't be like with SotM - we don't get official rulings anymore like we used to because the stable of knowledgeable playtesters we have now answer questions before Christopher ever can.  So it'd have to be full of "probably correct" information rather than "officially confirmed" information.  That's probably still worth doing, though.

At the very least, the file could be written up and Christopher could go over it making any corrections necessary. That's a lot less time on him than him writing it up himself.