The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

The Letters Page! Episode 20 Discussion - Chokepoint

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester
The Letters Page! Episode 20 Discussion - Chokepoint

http://theletterspage.libsyn.com/episode-20-chokepoint

... I have nothing witty to say for this one.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Are you trying to tell us that you have Choked?

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

No, I had no point.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

So once again, a villain I wasn't terribly interested in turns out to have an awesome backstory. Like, this is the kind of crazy comics-style world-building I really enjoy from these podcasts, and from her death at the hands of KNYFE to her travails out in space, this was thoroughly satisfying to listen to. :D

Over in this thread, people have been discussing how Christopher and Adam have a great storytelling framework, but that still leaves the nitty-gritty of things like panel design and dialogue writing if they wanted to make comics. Well, I say they should use the dialogue they come up with in the Letters Page. Anytime this episode they said that one or more of the characters said something, I imagined it as a comic. Like...

So, you have the panel of KNYFE killing Choke, and then she poses and says something like "It was for the greater good" (except in a way-bad Scottish accent). Then, on the next page, one of those headers: The military came...

And then the next thing you see is a bunch of military dudes standing around looking anxious and awkward and one goes, "Wow, she's really dead."

I urge all of you to try this mental exercise with future (or even past!) LP episodes. It takes what is already a funtastic time and makes it even better.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

I really need to know more about who was after the Bunker tech information, why it was important to keep secret, and what happens to Armstrong after.

From Bunkers episode, his suit and tech really isn't that special. Its pretty common place and theres not even side stories of other villains trying to get it. It's far more that Vance is the special one and not the armor around him. But this particular part of the story that >G is going to still keep under wraps seems to contradict what was said in the Bunker episode. What could be so important about the Bunker project that it was worth the trouble and possible death over? It doesn't make much sense.

Powerhound_2000

I'd say that Project Ironclad did have some nefarious proposes considering Choke, Highbrow, Radioactivist, and Char even though in the Bunker episode they said that wasn't the case in response to my question.  At the least I don't see how what was done with Highbrow wasn't nefarious or at least makes the whole thing seem rather sketchy. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

I'd say that Project Ironclad did have some nefarious proposes considering Choke, Highbrow, Radioactivist, and Char even though in the Bunker episode they said that wasn't the case in response to my question.  At the least I don't see how what was done with Highbrow wasn't nefarious or at least makes the whole thing seem rather sketchy. 

Sure, but the Gen. Armstrong thing was specifically about the Bunker Project information and not about Ironclad and the other Adament testing as a whole.

Powerhound_2000

In relation to the Bunker suit I would agree it's not nefarious.  However, overall it seems they have some dubious plans.  

MagisterCrow
MagisterCrow's picture

Whelp, I pretty much flubbed on that question :/

Still, there's a lot I like about this, as it also answered questions I had about the Celestial Tribunal.

They were good at getting at my intent, though, which was her psychology, which helped me understand the character a bit more.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

I am glad to find, for the second time, that Adam and Christopher know how to do intermission music properly!

All this stuff about Ft. Adamant is cool - we've been getting it in little teases, and after Christopher writing that he'd realized Adamant was a location that really should be included in the game, I think we're beginning to see why.

Condolences to the >G team on the Cult of Gloom melting Adam.

Powerhound_2000

Fort Adamant was one of the original two environments that were unlocked as stretch goals along with Nexus of the Void.   The new ones they updated later on that were adding because of the delay was the Maernyian Refuge, Mordengrad, and Champion Studios.  That was also where they mentioned they felt those locations needed to be added.  

Edit:  this is the update where they mentioned those three and felt they should be in there https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/sentinels-of-the-multiverse...

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Gah! Misrememberment strikes again.

saykhia
saykhia's picture

Trajector wrote:

Condolences to the >G team on the Cult of Gloom melting Adam.

Foreshadowed in a previous episode, when Christopher taught us:

Quote:

Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.

Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Prefers smooth peanut butter, but loves crunchy numbers.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Foote wrote:

I really need to know more about who was after the Bunker tech information, why it was important to keep secret, and what happens to Armstrong after.From Bunkers episode, his suit and tech really isn't that special. Its pretty common place and theres not even side stories of other villains trying to get it. It's far more that Vance is the special one and not the armor around him. But this particular part of the story that >G is going to still keep under wraps seems to contradict what was said in the Bunker episode. What could be so important about the Bunker project that it was worth the trouble and possible death over? It doesn't make much sense.

Has it been said that no one has ever tried to steal Bunker tech before? I would think that tech for giant robot suits would probably be a hot comodity in nefarious circles. Especially if you don't want to pay Blade's prices or deal with his 'short term reward, long term risk' style of inventing. I'm sure some villain would take one look at any of of the Bunker suits and think "Yeah, I could definitely use that for something..."

Edit: for spelling and gramar