The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

This is a test

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
This is a test

This is a test. It is only a test. If it were a real post, there would be real content.

On the other hand, if it works, I think this means that the forums are working ...

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

I can view your test, so it looks like it's working, although the forums took an unusually long time to come up after clicking the "forum" link.

We should probably encourage the SotM guys to post another blog post saying the forums are back, or else the "the forums are incapacitated!" post could keep people away.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Spiff wrote:
I can view your test, so it looks like it's working, although the forums took an unusually long time to come up after clicking the "forum" link.

We should probably encourage the SotM guys to post another blog post saying the forums are back, or else the "the forums are incapacitated!" post could keep people away.

To be fair, I knew the forums were up before they did, so given a chance I expect they'll do just that. ;}

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

I have miss you guys so much! I've waited for so long! Now, back to business!

You're free to do whatever you want to.

SlenderTroll
SlenderTroll's picture

Hurra! Anyone know what was up?

Grinnell College 2016

ketigid

Glad to be back.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

SlenderTroll wrote:

While the >G staff were away, critical files for the forum were zeroed-out. How or why that happened is not clear.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

arenson9 wrote:

SlenderTroll wrote:

While the >G staff were away, critical files for the forum were zeroed-out. How or why that happened is not clear.

It seems that this error is a known problem with the forum software where race conditions in the database can lead to a file being overwritten with no information. I'm not 100% sure that this is what happened to these forums, but steps have been taken to block that particular problem from occurring.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Woohoo! Glad to have the forums back! :D

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)