The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Tempest Brings the lightning.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester
Tempest Brings the lightning.

PW Argent Adept

PW Tempest

PW Fanatic

PW Captain Cosmic

PW Haka

So the Prime Wardens vs. advanced Akash.

It might have been a challenge except that opening hand Tempest had Resilience, his armor, and hurricane.  By his second card play of round 2 Tempest was at -2 damage (Energy Bracer, Hurricane, Otherwordly, Bulwark) taken and -1 to lightning.  He had Embolden, Dynamic Syphon, and Augmented Ally.

Adept was feeding him cards, and everyone was working to keep his cards safe.

Hurricane, his base power, 2 cleansing rain and Hailstorm saw a ton of use in this game, and he played 3-4 cards on almost every one of his turns.  It was insane just keeping track of what was going on.

His Syphon lasted the entire game because it was constantly healed by Cleansing Rain, and Captain got so many constructs in play (almost anytime the constructs took damage Syphon triggered and the rain fell) and the battle I think ended on round 7?  I can't remember well because it was crazy.

The best is using Reclaim and then playing the car you reclaim, then doing it again.  In the same turn.

Most rounds Tempest was getting in 7-8 powers and playing a total of 6-10 cards.  It was crazy.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

What environment were you playing in?

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

cmschex
Playtester

I have to say, the Prime Wardens work soooo well together, even in their non promo version.  Captain Cosmic is the glue that makes everything fit together perfectly

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

We were playing in Wagner Mars Base.  PW Tempest also lover Meteor Storm.

danmarshall14
danmarshall14's picture

I love Prime Wardens Tempest.  My biggest issue with Tempest has always been his lack of speed to get setup.  There's nothing in his deck that lets him search and nothing that gets cards into play or allows him multiple plays in one turn.  And he's always the hero where I have 5 cards I'd like out "right now" but can't.  Sacrificing some damage for a quick rig is incredibly powerful.