The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Team Leader Tachyon unlock discussion

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester
Team Leader Tachyon unlock discussion

Can you find TLT faster than you can make a BLT?

Variant unlock discussion on!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

mightyschoop

Based on my comment in the Shattered Timelines thread, I attempted to play all 3 Fleet of Foot cards in a single turn while HUD goggles were in play. didn't work, so it's at least incomplete if not flat out wrong. 

I was facing Apostate in the Tomb of Anubis. 

broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

Tried beating Iron Legacy with 4/6 of the Freedom Six, no dice.

"I'm not prone to hyperbole, but she is the Antichrist." - chwineka

saykhia
saykhia's picture

TLT has been unlocked. Photo grabbed from Handelabra's FB page.

Can see HUD Goggles, Fleet of Foot (at least two) and Lightspeed Barrage.

Attachment(s): 

Prefers smooth peanut butter, but loves crunchy numbers.

mightyschoop

Looks like Omnitron 2 in Atlantis. AA and Chrono Ranger incapped. Visionary abd Unity standing.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

She's also the leader of this fight

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

saykhia
saykhia's picture

And looks like she dealt the last blow, judging by Omni2's negative hp and the lightspeed barrage still in play.

Reverend Pete

Tried it with as many of the conditions as I could manage, but no unlock.

Same characters, same order (Tachyon, Dark VIs, CR, Unity and AA) vs Cosmic Omni in Atlantis.

Tachyon dealt last blow with 2 fleets of foot into an LSB. HUD Goggles in play.

I did not have any characters incapped, however. I had all in single digits.

Also, it may be that the unlocker played 3 fleets of foot on that last blow. The Third could be hidden behind that variant card.

I'll try to do that next.

mightyschoop

Reverend Pete wrote:

Also, it may be that the unlocker played 3 fleets of foot on that last blow. The Third could be hidden behind that variant card. I'll try to do that next.

There's definitely something below the variant card. It has to be something that let Tachy play another card as part of its effects (or else the first 2 fleet of foots would be in the trash). Either a third fleet of foot or lightning reflexes.

Nepycros

Not exactly, doesn't the player area only have room for 4 cards per row?

Servoret
Playtester

I tried the same set-up with HUD Goggles and Pushing the Limits out on Tachyon, 3 Fleet of Foots played in succession on the final turn with a Lightspeed Barrage to kill Cosmic Omni. No unlock. No incapped characters, all heroes in single digits.

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

Has anyone factored in the storyline bits? Like maybe that the F6 unlocks require that Baron Blade incap Young Legacy at Wagner first?

NinjaMonkey

Just a random idea based on her new power, but maybe you need to draw a certain amount of cards in a single turn along with being the leader and winning the game.

Red Manatee

It seems like her being the leader would be important for her unlock

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Also, make sure you have unlocked Young Legacy legitimately first?  Could be important.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

saykhia
saykhia's picture

Maybe it has to do with letting other players draw a certain number of cards.

Catdrake

Also: Anyone who's unlocked these cards, could we get a screenie of the multiverse page? The story is generally related so it might give us something to work off of.

mightyschoop

Tried chaining 3 fleet of foot into a lightspeed barrage for a kill on Omnitron II in Silver Gulch. Rest of team was Legacy, Ra, Haka, Visionary. No dice. 

zestage

I had a thought! TL Tachyon is from the alternate universe where Legs becomes Iron Legs, right? Maybe you have to beat Iron Legacy first. Or lose to him. But I think he's involved! ... maybe...

My guess: Do something involving Iron Legacy, THEN have Tachyon play three Fleet of Foots in one turn with HUD goggles equipped. 

decummin

Just unlocked her, Did win and loose to iron legacy with 5 of 6 freedom six. During the game I played the punch 1 thing for 1 damage and draw one, then three fleet of foot followed by light speed barraged. I killed Ambascad got it unlocked begore the victory screen. I was in the block, had visonary and omni-x.

broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

I just did another double unlock run.  Based on info I had seen, I became convinced that getting TL Tachyon really just had to do with playing Fleet of Foot lots and lots of times (thus emulating her ability).  Also, based on what I'd seen, I was convinced that getting Tempest was mostly about drawing a lot and probably dying with 2 copies of Localized Hurricane (or at least getting both out).

I played against Ambuscade in the Time Cataclysm, the team was Argent Adept, Scholar, Expatriette, Tempest, and Tachyon (in that order).

I basically used Vernal Sonata, Don't Dismiss Anything, and Reclaim from the Deep to cycle Fleet of Foot (and each other) around over and over.  I got Localized Hurricane early and thus eventually drew Tempest's entire deck, and got both Hurricanes out.  I did a lot of self-inflicted damage with hurricane, using Sub-wave Inducer to make it all lightning damage.  In the end, Tachyon killed him with Sucker Punch, so he definitely doesn't need to die from Lightning Damage.  I also used Cleansing Downpour a lot, because I thought that given the name "Sacrifice" maybe he needed to take far more than his actual HP total?

Just to be "safe" I did end the game with FoFx3 -> Lightspeed Barrage to win, but I've done that several times already, so I'm not sure it's necessary.  Also, Tachyon was at 12 (above 10) and the other 3 were at or near max, so health shouldn't be an issue.  Tempest was down, but that's it.

sev
sev's picture

Failed to unlock:

Lost to Iron Legacy first. Then won with Tachyon, AZ, Wraith, Visionary, AA vs. Blade in the Block. Tachyon's final play was three Fleet of Foot, two Lightning Reflexes, and three Lightspeed Barrage (12 points apiece, one to take out his elemental redirector, the other two to take Blade from 15 to 0). HUD Goggles and Pushing the Limits were both out. Team was all above 10hp.

retired supervillain
(she/her/hers)

broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

sev wrote:

Failed to unlock:Lost to Iron Legacy first. Then won with Tachyon, AZ, Wraith, Visionary, AA vs. Blade in the Block. Tachyon's final play was three Fleet of Foot, two Lightning Reflexes, and three Lightspeed Barrage (12 points apiece, one to take out his elemental redirector, the other two to take Blade from 15 to 0). HUD Goggles and Pushing the Limits were both out. Team was all above 10hp.

I really think it's going to come down to playing Fleet of Foot more than 3 times (not in a row obviously).  Try restacking them multiple times.

broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

My current theory:

After losing a game against Iron Legacy that included Tachyon, play Fleet of Foot multiple times (5?) and win the game, Legacy can't be on the team.

Kerredai

broccoli wrote:

My current theory:After losing a game against Iron Legacy that included Tachyon, play Fleet of Foot multiple times (5?) and win the game, Legacy can't be on the team.

You appear to be correct: I just played a game in which Tachyon played Fleet of Foot exactly five times, and unlocked the variant.

It may also be a requirement for Tachyon to be the first in the team order -- the Team Leader, as it were -- or that you be using the base Tachyon character, rather than Super-Scientific Tachyon. (At least, I don't remember seeing any unlocks where one of those conditions was false.)

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Thanks to the investigative work here and on the Steam forums, the unlock conditions for Freedom Six Tachyon have been determined by the community. Well done everyone!

Lose a game to Iron Legacy with regular Tachyon on the team. Then, defeat any villain with regular Tachyon and without a Legacy on the team. Fleet of Foot must be played at least 5 times.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Praion

So doing this now!

Radman The Lucario
Radman The Lucario's picture

5 times? Damn! I gotta find a team to get her cards then, and then draw them back.

EDIT: Got it! Had on my team Visionary (Enlighten), O-X (Timeshift), Adept (Bulwark), and Nightmist (Enlightenment). Just kept getting cards for Tach til she reshuffled and got 5 Fleets. :P

Attachment(s): 
PeterCHayward
PeterCHayward's picture
Game Designer

I unlocked it with Tachyon, Tempest, Argent Adept, The Scholar and Visionary. So much putting cards back on top of decks!

Australian living in Toronto. I make a lot of games. http://about.peterchayward.com

LewdDolphin21
LewdDolphin21's picture
Playtester

MigrantP wrote:

Lose a game to Iron Legacy with regular Tachyon on the team. Then, defeat any villain with regular Tachyon and without a Legacy on the team. Fleet of Foot must be played at least 5 times.

Sorry to be pedantic, but must those Fleet of Foot plays be in the first game, or the second game, or spread over the two games?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

In one game after the loss to Iron Legacy you must play Fleet of Foot five times

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

Radman The Lucario wrote:

5 times? Damn! I gotta find a team to get her cards then, and then draw them back. EDIT: Got it! Had on my team Visionary (Enlighten), O-X (Timeshift), Adept (Bulwark), and Nightmist (Enlightenment). Just kept getting cards for Tach til she reshuffled and got 5 Fleets. :P

Wouldn't it have been easier with Scholar, Argent Adept and Tempest? Don't Dismiss Anything, Vernal Sonata and Reclaim from the Deep?
Radman The Lucario
Radman The Lucario's picture

mwc146 wrote:

Wouldn't it have been easier with Scholar, Argent Adept and Tempest? Don't Dismiss Anything, Vernal Sonata and Reclaim from the Deep?

Yeah I didn't think things through enough. But the hard way is the fun way. :P

riff.freelance
riff.freelance's picture

Got it with Ambuscade in IP vs Tachy, AA, Scholar, Tempest, and Omni-X. I had some truely interesting turns where Tachy played the same FoF 3 times. AA power: play a card and play a card, Don't dismiss anything, Sonata, Reclaim from the deep, and Omni-X power led to some very interesting rounds when played carefully. 

mrfox1980

I unlocked TL Tachy... though I am going to be honest, I have no idea how.  I was working on unlocking Sacrifice Tempest....

Team: AA, The Scholar, Tachy, Tempest, and Chrono Ranger (for some damage)
vilian: Ambuscade
Environ: IP

I was using AA for Card Draw on tempest, The Scholar for card draws via Proverbs and Axioms as well as Don't Miss Anything, Tachy Fleet of Foot and Tempest, when he didn't have something worth playing... Reclaim from the deep.

Tachy had three turns where I would play all three Fleet of Foot in a row. I used Lightspeed Barrage once, and it only did like 3 damage.

Tempest had all of his equip and ongoings out, along with both Localized Hurricanes. I incapped Tempest with one of the Hurricanes, thinking i would have ended up with the Sacrifce Tempest...

But I ended up with TL tachy instead. She also unlocked before I finished the battle and before I incapped Tempest. The only thing I can think of is the constant playing of the Fleet of Foot Card.  I want to say that I played it over 10 times.

Everyone was pretty much full life as well, but I don't think that is a requirement.

So My theory:

Lose to Iron Legacy
Play Fleet of Foot Alot! Maybe have at least 2 turns where she plays all 3 Fleet of Foot in a row.

I wish I had a better grasp of how I got her.  I really do.  It also sucks, because I was taking notes about Sacrifce Tempest and Not Tachyon, so I don't even have good notes on her. :(

Heh... I'm and idiot I didn't see the post by the lead bit flipper..... My bad! 

Xeserox

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

That momeny when you almost have F6 Tempest, Tach, and Devra, but then Tach and Devra die...

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012