The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Tactics digital?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Readinguselessm...
Tactics digital?

Is there a plan for Tactics to go digital sometime in the future?  I know Handelabra has their hands full with fully adapting all of the expansion deck into the digital version of Sentinels, but a digital Tactics seems like the next logical step.  Also it would be perfect fit for many of us who already have too many non-digital games taking up space in our basements and cupboards.

Another thought, a Tactics-style digital game that infuses the storyline from the comic books may be an ideal way to introduce new gamers to the franchise.  Money for >Games, and more fun for us!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Handelabra has stated they would like to make a digital version of it. However, I think they are focused on getting SotM to where they want it in terms of features and what have you. Plus the more work the put into SotM, the better the initial release of Tactics will be.

Benhimself
Benhimself's picture
Playtester

Another thing is that SOTM works fine as a solo game but they'd really need to get multiplayer up and running before they did Tactics. I mean, yeah, you can hotseat it, but that's not really ideal.

Estelindis
Estelindis's picture
Playtester

Indeed.  They'd have to develop some AI for the opposite side if they wanted to make Tactics into a singleplayer digital game.  In Sentinels, the villains and environments are automatic, no decisions involved.  It's different.

For the record, I do hope they convert Tactics once they're properly finished with the digital card game.

Maybe instead of a "Sidekick" style app for Tactics, they can have a "GM" style app kind of like XCOM TBG does.  Have the app run the scenario for the players.