The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Story Time! One Line at a Time! SotM Edition

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Story Time! One Line at a Time! SotM Edition

This game is easy. I will start the first line of a story, and the next poster will continue it with another line. Then the next adds a line, etc.

To make this more interesting, your line must include the name of SotM card. Before someobe can post the next line of the story, they need to first state what deck the card comes from. Easy!

Ok, I'll start:

Things were getting tense, since communications went out due to the recent solar flare.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Ra.

This was a particularly unlucky break for Setback, who was waiting for a call from Expatriette.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Kismet!

Setback grumbled about the phone's suspicious malfunction for hours, before deciding to simply do something about the problem himself.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Miss Information

Setback headed out into what seemed like an unforgiving wasteland.  The streets were oddly empty and a dust storm started up.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Final Wasteland (doo-doo doooo doo...)

Typical, it couldn't be a nice cleansing downpour - it had to be a load of dry dust blasting in his face.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Tempest

But that was Setback's lot in life; no matter how good his fortune was some days, something was always there to turn the tables.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Vengeful Baron Blade

No matter - Setback knew better than to sweat the small stuff, and with a determined grin he began scaling the side of the building, his proverbial sights set on the stripped resources of the communications array on the roof.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

Chokepoint! 

I knew it was stripped resources, couldn't think of where it was from.

Once Setback got to the top of the roof, he saw the broken pieces of the communications array, left as nothing more than scrap metal. "Why would anyone do this?" he wondered, as his bad luck kicked in...

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Unity :)

...in the form of a meteor shower, albeit one consisting of just a single, tiny meteor which happened to fall in exactly the right spot in front of him to cause him to trip backwards off the roof.

I am the Wordweaver...

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Wagner Mars Base

As he fell his arms shot out to grab something to halt his reckless rush to the pavement, but all that did is get him tangled in various service cables and phone wires as he fell.

deddragon
deddragon's picture
Playtester

Setback!

Setback struggled with all the might in his battle forged body, but could not extricate himself from the crazed artifice.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

La Capitan and Infinitor!

It was at this point that Setback started wishing he has some kind of sharpened projectile, like a set of throwing knives, or something, which he could throw at the wires in order to sever them. Of course, knowing his luck he'd probably miss and/or cause a blackout in the entire local area, but still...

I am the Wordweaver...

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

Wraith and Southwest Sentinels

Character cards don't count, right?

Setback saw a glint of light off of a piece of metal and suddenly found himself free from the cable, and he could tell by the sigh his rescuer gave, a mix of confusion, disappointment, and the god-love-him attitude everyone has about Setback that his newfound freedom had been courtesy of his friendly neighborhood Wraith. "It's so great how us heroes work in such good harmony!" he thought, right before he noticed Citizen of the Sun and Christopher's Paladin lookalike falling from the rooftop above him.

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012