The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

State of GTG - December 2017

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin
State of GTG - December 2017

Wow are we busy right now! Here is a quick summary of things we accomplished in the past month:

1. All of the remaining OblivAeon files were sent to the printer!
  2. Sentinel Comics: The Role Playing Game Starter Kit arrived and was sent out to everyone who pre-ordered, and also distributors!
  3. We attended PAX Unplugged, to great success!
  4. We hired a new Social Media Manager (update about her coming soon - she starts in two weeks)
  5. We launched a new web store!
  6. We successfully funded the Legends of Sleepy Hollow Kickstarter!
  7. We received and shipped out reprints of Spirit Island and Lazer Ryderz! Spirit Island is already sold out again...
  8. We had an in-depth meeting on Prime War, and scheduled several next-step meetings!
  9. We completed layout/design for several sections of the SC:RPG Core Rule Book!
  10. We worked on a pile of additional things; some public (e.g. Letters Page), some private (e.g. playtesting for new Spirit Island expansion), and some secret (e.g. [REDACTED])

Here is the status of all of our works in progress!

In Stock Since November

1. Spirit Island reprint (which is now out of stock again!)
  2. Lazer Ryderz reprint
  3. Sentinel Comics: The Role Playing Game: Starter Kit

Shipping to Backers

1. Nothing!

In Transit; On A Boat

1. Spirit Island reprint (yes, another one)
  2. Spirit Island: Branch & Claw reprint
  3. Various SotM expansion reprints

Completed Mass Production; In China

1. SotM: Stuntman, Benchmark, & Void Guard
  2. SotM: Complete Hero Variant Collection

In Mass Production

1. SotM: Ultimate Collector's Case
  2. SotM: 5th Anniversary Foil Villain Collection
  3. Spirit Island: Branch & Claw reprint
  4. SotM: OblivAeon

At Factory; Pre-Press Work

1. New Bedford reprint
  2. Compounded: Geiger reprint

Current WIP Focus by GTG

1. Sentinel Comics: The Role Playing Game core rulebook (Christopher, Jenn, Critical Hits)
  2. Prime War (Christopher)
  3. Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Chris Kirkman + Jenn)
  4. A new and improved website (Jenn, Paul, Joel, etc)
  5. A cool Sentinel Comics related thing for 2018

I'll see you next month!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

I like this update!

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Quote:
  1. Spirit Island reprint (which is now out of stock again!

Wow!   Glad it’s selling well but I hope no one missed out on the second wave who missed the first one.  

Thanks for the information as always Paul. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Powerhound_2000

Me too! Fortunately, we have a third wave coming in early January. However, I don't know how long that one will last either - I've got some calls out to distributors to find out when / how large of a fourth printing we'll need.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Nilus
Nilus's picture
Playtester

Paul wrote:

@Powerhound_2000Me too! Fortunately, we have a third wave coming in early January. However, I don't know how long that one will last either - I've got some calls out to distributors to find out when / how large of a fourth printing we'll need.

Sounds like Spirit Island may be your next hit!   I got to get a demo of it sometime and see what the fuss is all about

Blackfang108
Playtester

Nilus wrote:

Paul wrote:
@Powerhound_2000Me too! Fortunately, we have a third wave coming in early January. However, I don't know how long that one will last either - I've got some calls out to distributors to find out when / how large of a fourth printing we'll need.

Sounds like Spirit Island may be your next hit!   I got to get a demo of it sometime and see what the fuss is all about

Indeed
morph147

We had an in-depth meeting on Prime War, and scheduled several next-step meetings!

^

I think we need more detail than this Paul. With how long it has been is there anyway that we can talk Christopher in doing some kind of progress report or something?

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@morph147 I answered this in the Primewar forum, but I'll cross-post here!

I mentioned in my State of GTG post today that we had a major meeting about Prime War last month. We also have a week of intensive work on the system scheduled for this month. Now that OblivAeon is done, we are going to be devoting more resources to moving that forward. We already have some dramatic progress internally, and are happy about where the project is heading.

To give you a sense of the timeline, our goal is for Prime War to be demoable at Gen Con this year. We will probably make a public anouncement with quite a few details some time around or shortly before Gen Con. Before that (so, some time in the next few months), we should have stuff up on the Playtesting forum.

Hankroyd

It's good to see all the OblivAeon related stuff in 'Mass Production'.

Glad to know that the end of the whole multiverse is near.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Hankroyd wrote:

Normal sentence. Completely normal sentence.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Blackfang108
Playtester

Craig wrote:

Hankroyd wrote:

Normal sentence. Completely normal sentence.

I find myself saying things like this all the time.

Last Saturday was "OK, so you've fixed the sentient TV People's broken power cores, and are now on your way to return the sentient Mivcrowave People's stolen cores to them, along wiht a TV People diplomatic dignitary."

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Blackfang108 wrote:

I find myself saying things like this all the time.Last Saturday was "OK, so you've fixed the sentient TV People's broken power cores, and are now on your way to return the sentient Mivcrowave People's stolen cores to them, along wiht a TV People diplomatic dignitary."

Ha. My college RPG group used to record the best (read: most ridiculous) things said through the course of our adventures on a giant chalkboard. Those quotes are probably lost to time by now.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Nice. 

I jsut started running a "Blackfang 108 runs a session of an RPG he dropped money on, because he wantrs to actually use some of these as more than just bedtime reading material" Night, where, those who get there, play, those who don't, don't.  So Far I've run 2 sessions of FarFlung, a PbtA game.  That's from the second session.

Once I actually get my hands on a copy of the SCRPG starter kit, I'll totally be running at least one issue, probably all of them. (But Planet Mercenary first.)

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

@Craig: My group was like that, except we have everything saved digitally, so ours are less lost. (Though for us it was less "strange sentences" and "strange situations we have to debate with the GM".)

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

We maintain in-character and out-of-character quote files from most of our campaigns. It's always fun to go back and re-read them. laugh

Paul wrote:

Wow are we busy right now!

Heh, when has that not been true? wink

Thanks for the update, Paul! Very awesome to see GTG being so successful!!! 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Really glad Spirit Island is doing well. :D

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Paul - 

At some point, could you guys price out an extra token sheet for Spirit Island that included 8 more Fear tokens and the remainder additional energy counters? Even in 4 player games, energy feels like something that my group pretty consistently runs short of, and the extra fear counters could stopgap folks who want to play 6P games on the playmat.

I often consider the extra token sheet for Sentinels to be one of the best things I got to go with the game.

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

Even though pricey the Spirit island game mats come with a whole set of those.  (Enough pieces to play a 6 players game)
Now would they sell the pieces separately from the matt, only the future can tell.

"A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet." - Star

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I stopped using the energy counters and started using dice like I do for Sentinels hp...makes things much less fiddly ;).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

speedyolrac wrote:

Even though pricey the Spirit island game mats come with a whole set of those.  (Enough pieces to play a 6 players game)Now would they sell the pieces separately from the matt, only the future can tell.

This is not correct. The playmat can be purchsed with or without the Token Pack. The Token Pack can also be purchased separately. Neither the playmat nor the Token Pack includes Fear or Energy, which is what jffdougan is asking for.

As a side note, jffdougan, you actually need 10 more Fear if you ever plan on playing against England level 6.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@jffdougan

I actually think we have enough spare parts that I could put a sheet of extra tokens/energy on the web store. Let me look into that...

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@jffdougan

OK, if we do they are burried in our spare parts zone and not accessible at this time. That zone is on the "organize soon!" list, so if we find any extras of those (or any other exciting stuff people might want!), I'll put them up on the web store for cheap :)

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Paul wrote:

@jffdouganOK, if we do they are burried in our spare parts zone and not accessible at this time. That zone is on the "organize soon!" list, so if we find any extras of those (or any other exciting stuff people might want!), I'll put them up on the web store for cheap :)

Thanks. I'll admit I couldn't see why you might have spare token sheets from anything (and, per grysqrl's comment, I guess we need to make that 10 Fear tokens along with an assortment of energy counters).

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Paul wrote:

OK, if we do they are burried in our spare parts zone

Uh oh, is the warehouse growing parallel dimensions? Good thing OblivAeon will be coming there soon to collapse the multiverses for you.

Edit: typo

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Paul wrote:

@jffdouganOK, if we do they are burried in our spare parts zone and not accessible at this time. That zone is on the "organize soon!" list, so if we find any extras of those (or any other exciting stuff people might want!), I'll put them up on the web store for cheap :)

I hope to not miss that. I love getting spare pieces, and I love getting them extra cheap even more.

Also, may I say I'm being blown away by how good Spirit Island is doing. You guys are looking at a 4th wave of the game going out it is pretty much constantly sold out. That is amazing.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

A question for you, Paul: Can we get any hints on when in Q1 of next year GTG is planning on opening up the KS campaign for the Sentinel Comics RPG? Is that still the plan?

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Phatom5613

The hint is: Q2 2018 :)

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Paul wrote:

@Phatom5613The hint is: Q2 2018 :)

Ooooo I think I figured out the answer!

Hankroyd

I hate obscure hints ... "Q2 2018" ... that could mean anything !

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I'm actually relieved to hear that.  I want to see the Kickstarter, but 1) development on the RPG is already underway, and launching the Kickstarter earlier isn't going to change that (unless >G starts going bankrupt without those funds, which, hahaha, Spirit Island at least), and 2) waiting until after OblivAeon has 100% shipped to backers is a really good idea so the ill will from its enormous delay can at least partially get swept away.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Because it occasionally doesn't get said, I want to say this: I bear no ill will!

Blackfang108
Playtester

MindWanderer wrote:

I'm actually relieved to hear that.  I want to see the Kickstarter, but 1) development on the RPG is already underway, and launching the Kickstarter earlier isn't going to change that (unless >G starts going bankrupt without those funds, which, hahaha, Spirit Island at least), and 2) waiting until after OblivAeon has 100% shipped to backers is a really good idea so the ill will from its enormous delay can at least partially get swept away.

As a backer in the 8K range, so long as they've at least started shipping OblivAeon before they start the KS, I'm happy with the timing.
waedens
Playtester

If the product is worth the wait any bad feelings should be mitigated. Oh, and it is worth the wait from what I have seen so far (which is almost everything).

Inanevan

I just recently receive spirit island as a Christmas gift and am absolutely in love with the game. Unfortunately, my group is usually more than 4 people and I would really like to buy the game mat so that I may support up to 6 players. we have already played a few times learning the games, we find ourselves ruining out of explorers a lot. Where can I buy more explorer pieces, and the play mat? Since the expansion is still backed at the moment (I'm waiting for when you guys have the promo and expansion back in stock!).

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Both of these items are available on the Greater than Games store. Search for "Spirit Island playmat" and "Champions of the Dahan token bundle".

The expansion is great, but doesn't have things for playing with multiple players.

You could also buy another copy of the core game and acquire extra wooden disks in different colors from somewhere.