The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

State of GTG - April 2017

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin
State of GTG - April 2017

I would like to apologize for missing March. I was gone at PAX East and then GAMA for the first half of the month and am only just now catching up on things. In retropsect, I should have prepped a brief post for while I was gone - I'll try to do that in the future so that I don't run into problems in June and August.

Here is a quick summary of things we accomplished here at GTG in the past two months!

1. We attended PAX East in Boston and the GAMA trade show in Vegas. Both shows were quite productive, and it was awesome to see the people who came in person to PAX! If you did, you saw a preview of our Gen Con booth setup, complete with super fancy road-case shelves that made several other vendors envious. Working on our booth setup is something that we are all spending a bit of time on on the side these days.
  2. We submitted all of our Gen Con events, arranged for all of our demo and booth space at Gen Con, etc. That takes a huge amount of time, and we're only just now (mostly) done! I am so excited.
  3. We launched, and then cancelled, the Kickstarter for Dubai: Rebuild the Ruins. I really enjoy that game and was especially sad to see it cancelled. However, there were a lot of factors that went into it not funding, we have gotten some great feedback and learned some valuable lessons, and it will join the list of products that we thought were cool but that I'm glad we didn't spend money or time to make.
  4. The Letters Page podcast continues and is going well!
  5. We are deeper into planning all of the launch/preview stuff for the Sentinel Comics RPG. We should hopefully have some things to announce on that next month.
  6. We posted a job opening today for an Inventory Manager! This is a somewhat unusual position, but we have determined that it is critical if we are going to catch up, and stay caught up, with our project backlog.

Here is the status of all of our works in progress! A lot of stuff has moved along in the pipeline.

In Stock Since Last Month

1. Some more SotM reprints.
  2. Deck Building: The Deck Building Game reprint

Shipping to Backers

1. Nothing this month.

In Transit; Scheduled Delivery April/May

1. Viva Java
  2. Viva Java: The Dice Game

In Mass Production

1. Lazer Ryderz (June delivery estimate)
  2. Exoplanets (June delivery estimate)
  3. Spirit Island (June delivery estimate)
  4. Fate of the Elder Gods (July delivery estimate)
  5. Bottom of the 9th: Clubhouse (July delivery estimate)

At Factory; Pre-Press Work

1. SotM: Ultimate Collector's Case
  2. SotM: Stuntman, Benchmark, & Void Guard

Current WIP Focus by GTG

1. Completing OblivAeon
  2. Sentinel Comics: The Role Playing Game
  3. Prime War
  4. A new and improved website.

I'll see you next month!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Thanks 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Thanks, Paul! Missed you! :D

Question about Dubai: Is there a possibility of GTG revisiting Dubai in the future (a-la New Bedford's relaunch)? As vocal as I was about the Kickstarter initially, I would like to see the game successful at some point. The way it's phrased above sounds pretty final, though.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@bobbertoriley

It is possible. I don't honestly have a definitive answer for you currently either way! In the short to medium term, we are going to focus on completing projects that we have in progress.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Oh man, now there's a job I have experience with.  Sadly moving to St. Louis isn't really an option.

morph147

May have to look into that job. Just trying to figure out how to show I am organized without sending a 2 tb hard drive.... 

in mean time so many games I am excited to check out coming out in next few months. As an astronomer, exoplanets looks fun. Spirit island I wanted to back but money was tight at the time but hoping to get it and try it out sooner than later. Fate of the elder gods look interesting and unique. Hoping a game play video gets posted on this one just to see how it's played. Love bottom of the 9th and can't wait to play clubhouse. Just wish my cubbies were in it. Would love to see this get marketed to MLB somehow to do some MLB team themes. Would buy a cubs vs cardinals theme bottom of the 9th in a heart beat. Plus the app is going to be a day 1 buy for me.

hoping to hear more news on Prime War since we haven't gotten anything on it in a while, even if it's just a quick status update on where it's at.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

morph147

Plus you forgot to mention sentinels of earth prime kickstarter

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

morph147 wrote:

I get the impression that's all in Green Ronin's court. 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

morph147

Rabit wrote:

morph147 wrote:

I get the impression that's all in Green Ronin's court. 

i feel like that is a recipe for disaster since they are working with them as well on this project. The more info gtg can get out there that this exists, the more likely an interest will form

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Any chance some of these lovely new shiny things will be available at UK Games Expo?

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Silverleaf

Most likely, we'll have production copies to demo but will start shipping the KS after we get back.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Awesome! Looking forward to getting into the demo zone. :)

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

morph147

Pops on to see if there is a state of gtg for may yet since its pass the first tuesday of the month. sees none and goes cries in the corner because he was hopping to get an update on Prime War this month.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

And I want a million dollars!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Not from Paul but an update on the Sentinels RPG at least http://mailchi.mp/greaterthangames/3kuwvrgub9-2126301

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

morph147

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Not from Paul but an update on the Sentinels RPG at least http://mailchi.mp/greaterthangames/3kuwvrgub9-2126301

ya the RPG update was interesting but still wouldnt have minded a bit more on Prime War since I believe Christopher mentioned a month or so back something about doing an update on that soon.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Working on an update! (though nothing on Prime War until OblivAeon is complete)