The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

SotM Event #9 - Grudge Match Part 2 - This Time it's Personal!

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
SotM Event #9 - Grudge Match Part 2 - This Time it's Personal!

I think it's time for another Grudge Match. Same rules as before, except I am making Ambuscade a 1, and Gloomweaver a 2, unless people object to it. For a tie-breaker, I am going to hand pick a final match. If it is still a tie, all tied teams win.

You can sign up your team here. I will wait a bit for the teams to sign up before posting the first match.

Quick summary of the rules:

*There are 4 rounds. The first is against a random difficulty 1 villain, then a difficulty 2, etc.

*A random environment will be chosen, but an environment from that expanstion won't be chosen agains.

*You can choose any heroes to fight in a round, but those heroes cannot be used again for this event.

*No promo heroes or villains. No Vengeance heroes.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Is event #4 ever going to get settled?

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I was waiting for the strip-off.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

We have to strip for #4 and the Grudge Match? You're just getting greedy, Pydro.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

If anyone needs a team member for a forum-play team I would like to join one.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

TEAM PBF SHALL TRIUMPH ONCE MORE!

Well, I say 'once more'... Once, I guess.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

I'd play in team PBF for this.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I'm up for a second go round.  we could forum two teams if there is enough interest.

Odin
Odin's picture

I don't own Ambuscade but I'd be up to join the forum game with oaktree if anyone else wants to join us. I'm new to forum games but I would love to try some! Would the forum team play all four games on the same thread or on a new one?

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Odin wrote:

I don't own Ambuscade but I'd be up to join the forum game with oaktree if anyone else wants to join us. I'm new to forum games but I would love to try some! Would the forum team play all four games on the same thread or on a new one?

I presume of there are two forum teams they would do separate threads for their games.  No need to complicate forum game threads more than necessary.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

If people dont mind waiting, we can make teams now and include the Vengeance heroes.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I wouldn't (wait). It will be a long while for those of us who did not kickstarter/pre-order before we get copies, and one last challenge before we (temporarily) get left behind in the Vengeance rush would be good.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Added myself to Team PBF #1 with dpt and BlueHairedMeerkat.

Pydro, at this point do you want to wait until the Kickstarter Vengeance packages seem to have arrived before you start the match up?

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Probably best not to, really. If you allow Vengeance content, then either you're waiting until everyone has at least had an opportunity to acquire copies (which will take a while), or you wait until a certain group get them (e.g. the Kickstarter backers) and then start, making those without Vengeance play at the disadvantage of fewer heroes.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

I put up team "PBF Too" in the list - looking for three additional play-by-forum players since the main PBF team is just about full.  Go ahead and add yourselves to this team if you're interested.  I will handle villain and environment posts once the match-up is posted - and it will be a separate thread from the first PBF team.  (And we will discuss hero combos before starting as well.)

Odin
Odin's picture

Pydro, are you still waiting for people to sign up? I know the "pbf too team" is only oaktree and I so if anyone else would like to join in there are available spots!

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

I joined the first pbf team so they had a full squad

luminos

I signed on to pbf too, if yall don't mind. Now we just need one more.