The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

So many questions...

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture
So many questions...

My sisters and I did a practice game, and looking at the forums, it seems we did a couple things wrong regarding melee and radial attacks and elevation, as well as regarding incapacitation.

However, many questions remain unanswered in my mind, and I'd like to raise them here:

1) Citizen Dawn and Rise With the Dawn... It's obviously the only way to get a Citizen out, but how does it work after they're out? Can she control them the same way Unity controls her bots? Because there's no power on her that says she can allow a Citizen to take an action. EDIT: Nevermind, I just reread Rise With the Dawn, so that one is answered.

2) How exactly do skirmishes work? The rule book seemed very vague on this. Are villains usable in skirmishes? Some of them seemed like they'd be overpowered... Not the least of which is Citizen Dawn with her Devestating Aurora.

3) Is Omni-Reaper usable outside of scenarios? None of the other scenario characters got full character cards, so this has me curious.

4) Is Ambuscade's Cloaking Device really as powerful as it sounds? It seems as though you can basically make him invincible for half the game with it, and it allows you to move him clear across the map!

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

It's unfortunately clear by now that the Rulebook is quite lacking. There are just too many ambiguities and weak descriptions in there (i.e. when does an attack resolve? what if it's totally blocked?; origin elevation vs radius elevation is confusing for first time readers; how often do hazard spaces attack). It almost seems like it only has the bare minimums, and we need to ask all the Playtesters how they did things. I can understand not wanting to make the rulebook 40 pages long, haha, but it seems like a lot was left to the perceptions of the reader. I'm not picking on anyone; I'm more just saying that I'm excited for rulebook 2.0 to hit the shelves =P I'm sure the upcoming 'Cards' section of the site will help clear a lot up, but I'm loving every game I've played, whether I'm right or wrong!

2) Anything goes in skirmishes, really. Villains vs. Villains; Heroes vs. Heroes; whatever. You kinda make your own rules and set an Incapacitation goal. There are some great suggestions on these forums on how to trick these out even further with things like Capture the Flag.

3) I can't say for certain, but I believe the answer is no. I also think it's odd he has a large style card.

4) I'm gonna leave this for other fun people to answer because I haven't used him yet ;)

Have fun!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I'll answer what I can of 2 and 3

2.   It's basically open play that can use any combination of heroes and villains on either side.   Phantaskippy listed some scenarios to use in skirmishes that you should look at.  

3.  Omni Reaper doesn't have a character deck so he couldn't be used in Skirmishes.  I guess you could play him if you wanted but you'd be severely handicapped

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

2.  Everyone is usable in skirmishes.  I don't think any characters are too powerful, Dawn's Aurora is crazy good, and we have limited certain one-shots to once per skirmish instead of getting it back after an incap.  So far I haven't run into any character stronger than Bunker.

3.  I could see using Omni-Reaper with Omnitron, but seperately it would be weird.  Reaper is designed for the scenario and not for skirmishes, but if someone wants to rock he Reaper I wouldn't be afraid to let them.

4.  It is really nice, but is only unfair in 1v1 matches, since most heroes will just have a dead turn.

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

The key thing to remember with Devesting Aurora, is that the incaps do not contribute to any scenario effects, which includes the scoring in skirmishes