The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Slamara in Vengeance

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester
Slamara in Vengeance

In Vengeance format, should Slamara play the top card of 1 villain deck or all villain decks?

In the video game it plays them all which seems wrong to me.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

She plays all of them in turn order and was one that got verified by Christopher.   Atlantean Font of Power will do the same.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Well looks like I sent a bug report for no reason.  That's a very odd ruling in my opinion.... what's even odder is that Slamara causes the plays to alternate between the villain and the heroes.

Thanks Powerhound!

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Dandolo wrote:

Well looks like I sent a bug report for no reason.  That's a very odd ruling in my opinion.... what's even odder is that Slamara causes the plays to alternate between the villain and the heroes. Thanks Powerhound!

She plays them in turn order, and in Vengeance format the turn order is villain, hero, villain, hero, etc.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

But the game text of the card says:

Put the top card of the villain deck into play.
Then put the top card of each hero deck into play in turn order. If a limited card already in play would be put into play, discard that card instead.

So the only way that interpretation makes sense is if the first villain's deck is considered the villain deck and all other villain decks are considered Hero decks for some reason.

Martin Tenbones

The additional rules for Villain Team Mode in the iOS port say "If a card affects 'the Villain deck,' the players may pick any one of the Villain decks in play."  It would seem that by the RAW, the official interpretation is wrong.  That being a non-starter, either the rules or the cards need rewriting.