The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Skinwalker Gloomy fails to "upgrade" himself >:D

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester
Skinwalker Gloomy fails to "upgrade" himself >:D

Just wanted to share a super-satisfying game my partner and I had last night, fighting Skinwalker Gloomy in the Final Wasteland. First environment card out was a New Jersey Devil, second was Unforgiving Wasteland, and the team consisted of Lgacy and two hard-hitting heroes. I think you can see where this is going ;). We got the Devil to eat the Pouch and about three Zombies before we whittled Gloomy down low enough and I double-checked his card to see that his flip condition is "when he would be destroyed", not "when he's reduced to 0hp or fewer". So then we made sure that we didn't accidentally flip him and spent our last round basically doing nothing with him on 5hp so that he got finished off by an Abominable Snowman and that same New Jersey Devil we'd deliberately left out. Boom, game over as an unflipped Gloomy got nommed :D.

Yeah, I'm sure people have done this already, with this version of Gloomy and with other villains who have similar flip conditions, but that doesn't make it any less cool for me when I managed to get it to happen in a game I was playing >:D.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

That's always really satisfying. :D

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Yep, I've done that, and in the digital version, so I know I got it right.  It's fun to see the victory screen with just an empty wasteland and no villain.

Possibly even more fun than beating the Matriarch with every single bird eaten by the Wasteland.  But it's close.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Haha yeah, right after Shattered Timelines came out I deliberately played against Lilian in the Wasteland to see if we could get that to happen. Got super-lucky on the environment cards that came out in that if I remember rightly, the first thing out was a Horrid Skunk Ape, followed by Unforgiving Wasteland, followed by the Library and the Bunker (can't remember which way round). By the time something else came out we were pretty much done - the only target left in Lilian's deck by the end was a Carrion Fields we'd destroyed earlier in the game. Everything else was gone and she didn't have time to Horrid Cacophony much of our stuff away because she just got utterly destroyed by hero damage :D.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)