The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

single player options

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
morph147
single player options

does anyone have any suggestions for single player in this game. With sentinels of the multiverse (due to time constrants or not enough people who want to play) half the games I play usually just me controlling all the decks. The only way I have been able to figure out to play sentinel tactics to do this is if I do a scenario and I just play from the aspect that whoever I am controlling I want to win no matter what. This gets kinda boring after a bit though and lonely :(. Any thoughts???

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

I don't see how you can play a tactical game against yourself, since you'll always know what your opponent's next move will be (since your opponent is you).

Someone (phantaskippy?) posted a co-op Tactics scenario to BGG (I think) a while back.  It was vs. General Voss attacking Megalopolis and the heroes had to stop the drones destroying the city.  Don't know what the feedback was on that scenario, but I loved the idea.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

morph147

same way you play chess againist yourself. you pick the move that you feel like will be the best againist the other team with what you have at your disposal to make that side win. This works better with the scenario mode than skirmish mode unless you want to test different strategies in your head.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I playtested Tactics solo, because the goal was to find the way each hero played and what they could do, it worked fine.

I understand the frustration with trying to play Tactics solo, because outside of playtesting the solo play kind of stinks.  It is doable, but not a lot of fun.

I would check out my Voss Scenario, and feel free to leave feedback if you do, I have played them a decent bit but they are balanced to my playtesting it, so it may not be balanced well beyond my own play and desired difficulty.

I have been working on some more coop-style missions, but there is a real limit to the formats you can use and not have the game stink or be the same as the other scenario.