The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Shattered Timelines money/pledge progress

179 posts / 0 new
Last post
ketigid

is this the stretch environment we missed in infernal relics?

AnachronismAxe
AnachronismAxe's picture
Playtester

TheJayMann wrote:

This new environment is based on the year 2300 AD where Lavos has destroyed the world and is leaving to destroy other worlds.  The job of the heroes is then to go back in time in order to avert Lavos from destroying the world in the first place, as well as to protect the Frozen Flame and unite the two timelines created by the time split resulting from whether or not a certain hero survives, as well as helping a certain scholar concerning a time crash.

This sounds about right. I recall 2300 AD being mostly populated by monsters and a scholarly man. A time-traveller from the past meets up with a robot who helps him continue to travel through time. Totally legit. Lavos will have a card, and it will be nemesis to everything.

Koey
Koey's picture
Playtester

What is this Lavos everyone is talking about??

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Well, we passed my estimated end amount of $162k. Hooray for me being wrong!

And I'm out of the loop on this "Lavos" as well...

You're free to do whatever you want to.

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

According to the all-knowing Google, he's the end boss pof Chorono-Trigger.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Also, when Lavos merges with Schala in the darkness beyond time, it becomes the Dream Devourer (the alternate end boss for Chrono Trigger DS), and then eventually the Time Devourer (the end boss for Chrono Cross).

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Clearly I need to break out the SNES and finish Chrono Trigger.

Vyolynce
Vyolynce's picture

evandan55 wrote:

Or pick up the DS rerelease. Either way: yes.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

is this the stretch environment we missed in infernal relics?

Yes, it is! :)

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Tarao

evandan55 wrote:

+1

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Just 2,000 to go, and only 12 hours left... It's coming right down to it! I'm so excited for the bad ending environment!

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

McBehrer wrote:

Just 2,000 to go, and only 12 hours left... It's coming right down to it! I'm so excited for the bad ending environment!

Everyone! Raise your pledges by $1!!  cheeky

Vyolynce
Vyolynce's picture

jagarciao wrote:

McBehrer wrote:

Threw in an additional $25. $174,440 and counting...

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Vyolynce wrote:

jagarciao wrote:
 McBehrer wrote:

Threw in an additional $25. $174,440 and counting...

Haha. Matched. Who's next?!?!

Koey
Koey's picture
Playtester

Anyone think that >G might throw in extra stuff at the end just for a great KS? 

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Well we got that delightfully grim future. I hope there will be at least a 185k stretch goal, i'm thinking it may stop about there. I won't be too surprised if it does fly by that though.

TheSoundOfTrees

Am I the only one to be amazed at the fact that, if we count Unity and Ambuscade with the promo decks from this campaign, we have 2 heroes, 2 environments and 2 villains ? Just two villains short of a full expansion, distributed as rewards ?

Any view of things that is not strange is false - Neil Gaiman

Koey
Koey's picture
Playtester

TheSoundOfTrees wrote:

Am I the only one to be amazed at the fact that, if we count Unity and Ambuscade with the promo decks from this campaign, we have 2 heroes, 2 environments and 2 villains ? Just two villains short of a full expansion, distributed as rewards ?

And to add a splash, the unlimited promo card versions :)

TheSoundOfTrees

I can't wait for a fight between the Eternal Haka, Chrono-Ranger and Greatest Legacy vs Plague Rat in the Final Wasteland...

ketigid

I'm hoping they final some spare unused card spots on the printing slab and decide to give us 1 final promo card to mark the end of the kick starter. A wildly successful kick starter. The final kick starter in the multiverse.

A celebration.

Tarao

I would love to see extra stuff at the end to celebrate and all, but thinking about it, but I´m pretty sure they are already losing money with the lowest pledges. I mean, if you take into account what are taking home the people who pledged 20$ or 30$... plus the shipping cost... Luckily for them the average pledge is almost 90$, but I don´t think we can ask for more. In fact I thought that the 175K stretch was going to be just for vengeance backers, but they are giving it away to everybody. Great kickstarter! 

Odin_Knight
Odin_Knight's picture

One last promo would be awesome!
But I would gladly trade the last stretch in favor of something special given to the people who helped overseas fans getting the expansions.
For me they're the true heroes of this kickstarter campaign.

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

"Don't worry about it, citizen. Just knowing you'll have the game is payment enough." International Shipping Man

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Koey
Koey's picture
Playtester

pwatson1974 wrote:

"Don't worry about it, citizen. Just knowing you'll have the game is payment enough." International Shipping Man

One of the 5 Heroes in Vengeance.

TheSoundOfTrees

Odin_Knight wrote:

One last promo would be awesome!But I would gladly trade the last stretch in favor of something special given to the people who helped overseas fans getting the expansions.For me they're the true heroes of this kickstarter campaign.

Suggestion : a "Kiss The Hero" apron for all of them !

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Good strong finish at $185k! A good, solid end number! I'd be neat to have another promo card, but I can't see that happening. I'm pretty sure they've filled up every single empty space they've got. I mean, we're getting, what, NINE hero promo cards? They've got every space filled. I'd just like reassurance that all of those promo cards can easily be extracted from the plastic wrap they come in. When I got the promos from IR, the plastic was so tight, I was afraid I'd damage the cards! And promo cards can't be replaced!

Vyolynce
Vyolynce's picture

evandan55 wrote:
I'd just like reassurance that all of those promo cards can easily be extracted from the plastic wrap they come in. When I got the promos from IR, the plastic was so tight, I was afraid I'd damage the cards! And promo cards can't be replaced!

I'd like to extend that to the cards in general, but yeah the narrow depth on the promo stacks were particularly difficult last time.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Vyolynce wrote:

I'd like to extend that to the cards in general, but yeah the narrow depth on the promo stacks were particularly difficult last time.

Yeah I'm not really worried about the bigger decks we'll be getting from ST and the mini-expansions. Except maybe the two environments, if they are packaged separately, since 15 cards is still a pretty small deck and the wrap might be too tight.

Pages