The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels of the Multiverse comic coming?

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
akarasoredelar
Sentinels of the Multiverse comic coming?

I was just kinda wondering, with the completion of the first comic was there any plans to turn Sentinels of the Multiverse into a full-fledged comic book series? Just curious is all. :3

ketigid

I would rather the folks focus on bringing Vengeance to the masses than to spend time producing comic series. My 2 cents.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

GSF first!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

I remember hearing that it was a lot of work to do all the art for all the panels in a full comic, so I'm with Ketigid - I'd rather they were working on card art than comic art. 

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

penta

When's GSF supposed to be released?

youperguy

Vengeance is due in October, and GSF should be out before then. I would guess August or September, but there has been no announcement, so this is purely a guess. 

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

youperguy wrote:

Vengeance is due in October, and GSF should be out before then. I would guess August or September, but there has been no announcement, so this is purely a guess. 

Seems like a reasonable guess. There was some hope that GSF would make it by GenCon, though that is seeming increasingly unlikely.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

ketigid

Then perhaps Vengeance has a better chance to make a GenCon appearance. GSF can be released in October. :D

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Personally, I'm okay with delays in GSF if it helps ensure we have a better game - that has to be the priority, as I'd want their second game venture to be at least as successful as their first. Also, since they included Vengeance in the last Kickstarter, they now have some pressure on that to get it out in a timely fashion, whereas GSF has no such pressures (other than anticipation! wink).

As much as I'd love to get Vengeance at GenCon, it's not something I want, as they would not have enough time to fully play test it at this point.

And >G is fully-loaded working on their current projects. I'd rather have them improve the company and the work they're currently doing than put out comics.

Just me, though. cool

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I believe GSF will come before Vengance.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Based on what?

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

His beliefs?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Paul wrote:

More information will be dropped in due time (where due time is quite soon). Work on GSF, including the release of addition information, was largely put on hold during the month of March due to Kickstarter shipments and PAX East. We are now concluding the work related to those events and, after we finish helping Adam move to St. Louis from Los Angeles, 90% of Greater Than Games worktime (which is quite a lot of work time, even when in standard 60-80 hr/wk mode instead of 120 hr/wk crazy kickstarter packing mode) will be devoted to Galactic Strike Force!Quick bits of info to whet your appetites!1) I got a detailed look at several dozen space ships this morning from one of our 3D modelers, and they look *awesome* so far.2) Now that the Kickstarter has ended, I've begun to revisit the lore of the GSF world and am currently working on an overview of galactic history since the Acherontic Cataclysm and the fall of the Demi-Autarchs.3) A new Playtesting set should be released to the Playtesting Forum some time in the next several weeks. Christopher has some awesome ideas to significantly improve the [Redacted] and make the [Redacted] way more fun. I for one am thrilled to get back into playtesting!4) I just got some box options and [Redacted] samples from the manufacturer! Super Thrilling!

EDIT: The original timeline had GSF out for GenCon and Vengance out in October. Is it theoretically possible that if GSF doesn't make the deadline they will stop everything and focus on Vengance? It is possible, but I don't think it is too likely. SInce they are full steam on GSF right now, I believe that GSF will be out before Vengance.

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

But they have a time commitment for Vengeance from their last Kickstarter, which they don't have for Galactic Strike Force. 

I would imagine that based on the fact that people already put forth cash to make Vengeance happen they would make sure that gets done on time, even if GSF falls behind in development. 

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Vengeance and GSF will both be done by October.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

My eyes just started twitching in anticipation. Thanks Paul!

keith

With the popularity of SotM, couldn't they contact an existing publisher and private label their services? They could retain the creative control of the story/lore, and pretty much just use the publisher's resources for artists and distribution. I'm sure everything is just a business deal, but they could probably swing it such that the final product looks exactly like the covers from the game manuals, with the Sentinel Comics logo and everything.

I don't know what a good circulation number is for a comic book because I'm not in the comic book industry, but this seems like something one of the existing publishers would be interested in.

I wonder how many of us would pay for an on-line only comic based on SotM?