The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels Deckbuilding, Game Four: Fourth Time Lucky?

114 posts / 0 new
Last post
BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Round Seven

The Dreamer - Friendship is Magic

The Dreamer - 2

In Play:  

Trash: La Paradoja Magnifica, Electro-Pulse Explosive, Devastating Aurora x2, Citizen Hammer, Citizen Winter, Siege Breaker, Trueshot, Final Breath, Battle-Forged

Beneath The Dreamer: Whipacorn x2, Grotesque Arachnoid, Dark Hero x2, Granite Oni, Macabre Spectre

--------------------------------------------------------

Start of Turn: 

Play a Card: Grotesque Arachnoid

End of Turn: Dreamer plays Granite Oni, Citizen Dare, Macabre Spectre.

--------------------------------------------------------

The Dreamer - 2

In Play:  Grotesque Arachnoid - 8, Granite Oni - 6, Citizen Dare - 3, Macabre Spectre - 3

Trash: La Paradoja Magnifica, Electro-Pulse Explosive, Devastating Aurora x2, Citizen Hammer, Citizen Winter, Siege Breaker, Trueshot, Final Breath, Battle-Forged

Beneath The Dreamer: Whipacorn x2, Grotesque Arachnoid, Dark Hero x2, Granite Oni, Macabre Spectre

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I think we're going to be ok.

Naturalist

HP: 3

Hand: Temporal Grenade, Sudden Contract, By Any Means, Surge of Strength, The Predator's Eye (2), Cornered Beast, Natural Form's Power, Team Communication, Eye on the Prize

Play: Jim's Hat, Natural-Born Vigor, The Deadly Crocodile, Durasteel Chains, Compounded Bow

Trash: Displaced Armory (3), Flying Smash, Inspiring Presence, Fling Into Darkness, Team Communication

Effects:

• Damage dealt by the Naturalist is increased by 2 [Crodile Form, Durasteel Chains]
  • Damage dealt to the Naturalist is decreased by 1 [Durasteel Chains]

Start: Ancient Library lets me draw Natural-Born Vigor and Beastial Shift

Play #1: Team Communication - draw Unique Capabilities x 2, Legacy Ring, and The Ultimate Target

Play: Unique Capabilities - draw Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower

Play: Unique Capabilities - draw Team Communication

Play: Team Communication - draw Beastial Shift, Sudden Contract, Positive Energy, Motivational Charge

Play: Eye on the Prize - deal 3 projectile damage to the Macabre Spectre [X]; draw Positive Energy

Play: The Predator's Eye - increase damage dealt to the Grotesque Arachnoid by 1; draw Flying Smash; deal 3 melee damage to Granite Oni [3]

Play #2: Temporal Grenade

Power #1: Temporal Grenade - deal 3 energy damage to Citizen Dare [X] and Mongolian Death Worm [5]; deal 2 energy damage to Granite Oni [1]; destroy Mongolian Death Worm; destroy Temporal Grenade

Power #2: Compounded Bow - deal 4 projectile and 4 anti-projectile damage to Grotesque Arachnoid [X]

Draw: Sentinel Tactics

End:

Hand: Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower, Sudden Contract (2), By Any Means, The Ultimate Target, The Legacy Ring, Flying Smash, Motivational Charge, Surge of Strength, Bestial Shift (2), The Predator's Eye, Cornered Beast, Natural Form's Power, Natural-Born Vigor, Positive Energy (2), Sentinel Tactics

Play: Jim's Hat, Natural-Born Vigor, The Deadly Crocodile, Durasteel Chains, Compounded Bow

Trash: Temporal Grenade, Displaced Armory (3), Eye on the Prize, Flying Smash, Inspiring Presence, The Predator's Eye, Fling Into Darkness, Team Communication (3), Unique Capabilities (2)

Effects:

• Damage dealt by the Naturalist is increased by 2 [Crodile Form, Durasteel Chains]
  • Damage dealt to the Naturalist is decreased by 1 [Durasteel Chains]
Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

For Library draw Construction Pylon and Hasty Augmentation.

Also, Expat pinged everything but Granite Oni for 1 pt as it came out. (Not that it mattered.)

======

Expatriette

In Hand: Hairtrigger Reflexes, Swift Bot, Champion Bot, Wrecking Uppercut (x2), Tactical Shotgun, Mental Divergence, Bee Bot, Arsenal Access, Turret Bot, Construction Pylon, Hasty Augmentation

In Play: Platform Bot [1], Raptor Bot [2], Hairtrigger Reflexes

Trash:  Wrest the Mind, Stealth Bot, Platform Bot, Brainstorm, Twist the Ether, RPG Launcher

-------------------------
Start of Turn:  

Play a Card: Construction Pylon

Power: Construction Pylon -> Play Champion Bot [9] and Swift Bot [6]

Draw a Card: Construction Pylon, Battlefield Experience (Swift Bot)

End of Turn:  
   Platform Bot shoots Swift Bot for 4 points [2]
   Raptor Bot noms Granite Oni for 5 melee damage [x]

HP:  3

In Hand: Wrecking Uppercut, Tactical Shotgun, Mental Divergence, Bee Bot, Turret Bot, Hasty Augmentation, Construction Pylon, Battlefield Experience

In Play: Platform Bot [1], Raptor Bot [2], Hairtrigger Reflexes, Champion Bot [9], Swift Bot [2]

Trash: Wrest the Mind, Stealth Bot, Platform Bot, Brainstorm, Twist the Ether, RPG Launcher, Wrecking Uppercut, Construction Pylon
Effects:
 Whenever a non-hero target enters play Expat can shoot it for 2 points of damage
 Bots and Expat do +1 damage

luminos

Team Leader Tachyon

HP: 1

In Hand: Mistbound, Blinding Speed, Adhesive Foam Grenade, Gatling Gun, Know When to Turn Loose, Don't Dismiss Anything, Don't Dismiss Anything, Gatling Gun, Blinding Speed

In Play: HUD Goggles

Trash: Hypersonic Assault x2, Flesh to Iron, Transmutative Recovery, Pushing the Limits, Flesh to Iron, Lightning Reflexes, Mistbound, Hypersonic Assault, Know When to Turn Loose, Keep Moving, Adhesive Foam Grenade

Start of Turn:

Play a Card: Adhesive Foam Grenade, Don't Dismiss Anything (Putting Transmutative Recovery on top of my deck)

Power: Team Leader, everyone draws a card. I get Transmutative Recovery

Draw a Card: Proverbs and Axioms

End of Turn:

HP: 1

In Hand: Mistbound, Blinding Speed, Gatling Gun, Know When to Turn Loose, Don't Dismiss Anything, Gatling Gun, Blinding Speed, Proverbs and Axioms, Transmutative Recovery

In Play: HUD Goggles

Trash: Hypersonic Assault x2, Flesh to Iron, Pushing the Limits, Flesh to Iron, Lightning Reflexes, Mistbound, Hypersonic Assault, Know When to Turn Loose, Keep Moving, Adhesive Foam Grenade x2, Don't Dismiss Anything

Effects:

Start:

End:

Static:

Notes: This is more or less game over, right?

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

This is, indeed, pretty much game over.

You bastards :P

So, phantaskippy's up next? If you're going with the Vengeful Five, it could be interesting to have each of us building a member, but equally if you want to build a whole set then go ahead.

-Reckless

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

It'd work best if everyone ran a hero and villain, that way we woulnd't have to wait for the villain turn between each hero turn.

If anyone wants to build a villain deck for a specific member and run them post, otherwise I'll send the deck changes to players when hero decks are built.

I refrained from making the decks too ridiculous, and avoided any card with (H) on them.  I think it will be pretty tough anyway.

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

I want to make a Friction Matriarch, if that's okay. She will be magnificent.

-Reckless

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

BHMK has Friction Matriarch.

Anyone else want to build a villain deck?

Oh and I think we should try to make sure each hero we use has their mini nemesis.

And no (H) cards.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

I'll reuse the Expat/Visionary/KNYFE/Unity deck and probably switch out a few cards as a tweak.

No great desire to build a villain deck for the next game, so I'll take one designed by someone else.

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:

I want to make a Friction Matriarch, if that's okay. She will be magnificent.

You'd think Ermine would have all the birds in order to reinforce her constant prattle.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I'll take the pre-designed villain deck. For hero decks, I will wait until everyone else has chosen their heroes and then I'll take 4 random out of what's left and see what I can do with it.

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

I'd like to give a slightly tweaked Ra/AZ/Wraith/Fixer another go, if that's okay.

-Reckless

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Well, that's four of us, start working on your decks, I'll post the new game.

Pages