The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Santa Guise Incap

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
carnilius
Playtester
Santa Guise Incap

The wording on Santa Guise's incap side says "Flip 1 face-down card", not one face-down hero card.  As far as I know, this is the only way to flip an arbitrary face down card.  Certainly this can work advantageously against Guise's nemesis Wager Master as you can return a favorable condition card into play, but where else can this be used?  Can you flip face down cards that are under other cards, like from La Capitan or Savage Mana?

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

carnilius wrote:

The wording on Santa Guise's incap side says "Flip 1 face-down card", not one face-down hero card.  As far as I know, this is the only way to flip an arbitrary face down card.  Certainly this can work advantageously against Guise's nemesis Wager Master as you can return a favorable condition card into play, but where else can this be used?  Can you flip face down cards that are under other cards, like from La Capitan or Savage Mana?

Sure you could flip the cards over under la capitan or savage mana. but they are still "under" those other cards and would continue to not have text.

The flip a card thing really is a call to his nemesis Wager Master. EmoSpite also has his drugs you could flip, though not sure why you would want to do that.

carnilius
Playtester

Foote wrote:

carnilius wrote:

Sure you could flip the cards over under la capitan or savage mana. but they are still "under" those other cards and would continue to not have text.The flip a card thing really is a call to his nemesis Wager Master. EmoSpite also has his drugs you could flip, though not sure why you would want to do that.

Except the full wording is "Flip a face-down card, treating it as played".  That would mean that if you could flip cards underneath cards, then they would be played, and hence no longer under the card.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Foote wrote:

Sure you could flip the cards over under la capitan or savage mana. but they are still "under" those other cards and would continue to not have text.

Who says the cards under La Capitan or Savage Mana go there face-down? The way someone puts them under there is just personal preference, as the way they are put under other cards actually has no impact on the game. So I would say you would be unable to flip them face-up unless there is a place that specifically states cards under cards are face-down.

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

There's the Self-Destruct Mechanism in Wagner Mars Base. It specifies that the pile is face down.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

But that card also doesn't care whether a card is face up or face down in determining if the Self Destruct goes off.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Powerhound_2000

It's main purpose to me is flipping cards up that Santa Guise had put into play using his power.   If there wasn't any cards face down it could be used in conjunction with his other incap power to get benefit of any come into play affects of an Ongoing or Equipment.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

But that card also doesn't care whether a card is face up or face down in determining if the Self Destruct goes off.  

No but, say, if there's a hugely damaging villain turn coming up and Meteor Swarm's in the self-destruct pile, it could be useful.
Powerhound_2000

Based on what occurs in the video game I think you are allowed to view those cards under Self Destruct Sequence even if they are still facedown.  

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

How do you know Meteor Storm is in the pile? They're placed face down so I play you never see them.

EDIT: Damn you Powerhound_2000! If only I had read your comment first!

I think the you can see what's under the self destruct is because inteh video game you can see what is in the deck too, and you could look at the trash and figure it out. Not something I would expect to happen in a real world game.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!