The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Rook City Status Update: Release Date = Apr 14

128 posts / 0 new
Last post
silopolis
silopolis's picture

Can I just say, the artwork of a defeated Spite over the backdrop of Rook City is GORGEOUS. Really well done!

Estelindis
Estelindis's picture
Playtester

The art for defeated Plague Rat is great too.  :)  

I've beaten all four of the new villains already.  Interestingly, it only took one try for the Matriarch and the Chairman, but two tries for Spite and Plague Rat, who are supposed to be weaker.

silopolis
silopolis's picture

The Chairman took me out back and shot me dead. It wasn't pretty. Why must we wait 'til Vengeance to play in the Mobile Defense Platform environment?! ;)

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Had Matriarch dead to rights when back to back hostage situations wwith a cacaphony gave her time, and then cramped quarters with 13 birds in play was our undoing.

Lost to chairman in a game where Rook City is Mine pulled 2 Villainous Weaponry and Operative pulled The Contract.  That put us really far behind, and we never caught up.  In a last ditch effort to protect the innocent we let the station blow up.

Estelindis
Estelindis's picture
Playtester

Variant update seems to be up!  Trying to unlock them now.  :)

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Jayson26 wrote:

Which DLC should I redownload the Ambuscade DLC or Rook City...It was fine before the Rook City Update, now I can't see him on his card.

Please email with your details, it'll be easier to diagnose there than in a forum =)

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

You can stop worrying now people. I have Rook City! :)

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Silverleaf wrote:

You can stop worrying now people. I have Rook City! :)

Thank goodness, I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep I was so worried.
Estelindis
Estelindis's picture
Playtester

Well, having Mr. Fixer be defeated by the Chairman or the Operative in Rook City didn't unlock his variant.  I thought that, in particular, Undivided Attention might achieve the unlock, but that didn't work.  Time for bed now, I reckon!  More unlock attempts tomorrow.  :)

cmschex
Playtester

I wonder if getting every tool and or style out in a game unlocks it?

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

We really should have a dedicated thread for discussing unlocking variants, so people can avoid spoilers more easily.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

Silverleaf wrote:
We really should have a dedicated thread for discussing unlocking variants, so people can avoid spoilers more easily.

This sort of game doesn't really have spoilers.

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

In this case people might want to give it a go before being told, so what do you call it?

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

MarioFanaticXV wrote:

Silverleaf wrote:

You quote the idea of one in your post! The point is to avoid unlock spoilers so you can find them on your own.

New thread started Right Here!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

MightySi
MightySi's picture

I too am Rook City enabled on iOS!

Ive already given the Matriarch a solid beating with SS Tachyon, Unity and Expat and ben eaten alive by Plague Rat when using Expat, Fixer and Tempest (Both random-hero games).  So much infection damage.  :p

Excellent work, Game Dev People!  Hold my drink, I'm gonna try the Chairman...

silopolis
silopolis's picture

As an aside, has the code for unlocking the old variants (Young Legacy, SS Tachyon, etc.) happened yet? I unlocked them all the old fashioned way, but I wound up uninstalling and reinstalling yesterday in my attempts to get the Amazon build to work, and it wiped out all my unlocks.

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

I've been wondering too, esp because I am bad at destroying Voss' ships close together.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Only complaint that I have with the update is that the images become fuzzy or lower resolution when page flips or any action items are present.  If nothing is occurring the screen looks fine.   Sent information to Handelabra about it.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

silopolis wrote:

As an aside, has the code for unlocking the old variants (Young Legacy, SS Tachyon, etc.) happened yet? I unlocked them all the old fashioned way, but I wound up uninstalling and reinstalling yesterday in my attempts to get the Amazon build to work, and it wiped out all my unlocks.

The codes are on their Variants page, no idea how you enter them though.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

You enter them by going to select your heroes, then click the variant button to bring up the lock. Then click the lock and it'll open up where you cna put the code in.

silopolis
silopolis's picture

Awesome. Sucks not to get the achievements, but way better than having to go through and unlock them all again. :)

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

Matchstickman wrote:
MarioFanaticXV wrote:
 Silverleaf wrote:

You quote the idea of one in your post! The point is to avoid unlock spoilers so you can find them on your own.New thread started Right Here!

Where? No spoilers were mentioned, only mechanics. Spoilers refer to plot details that are meant to be surprises. But because of the plotless nature of the game, spoilers are impossible. If they add a campaign mode in the future (I know there's been rumors/talk of it), then it's quite possible there's going to be spoilers, but as it stands now, they're not even feasible.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

MarioFanaticXV wrote:

Matchstickman wrote:
MarioFanaticXV wrote:
 Silverleaf wrote:

You quote the idea of one in your post! The point is to avoid unlock spoilers so you can find them on your own.New thread started Right Here!

Where? No spoilers were mentioned, only mechanics. Spoilers refer to plot details that are meant to be surprises. But because of the plotless nature of the game, spoilers are impossible. If they add a campaign mode in the future (I know there's been rumors/talk of it), then it's quite possible there's going to be spoilers, but as it stands now, they're not even feasible.

Disagree. The mechanics of unlocking the variants are spoilers.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

silopolis
silopolis's picture

MarioFanaticXV wrote:

Matchstickman wrote:
MarioFanaticXV wrote:
 Silverleaf wrote:

Some people consider it spoilers when others reveal the methods for unlocking hidden content, because they enjoy the thrill of the hunt.

I just want the variants, personally, so I don't care. But some people do. :)

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

silopolis: You will still be able to get the achievements by doing the challenges; you just won't get them automatically. The game remembers the challenge unlock and the code unlock separately.

MarioFanaticXV: The knowledge of the challenge details can be a spoiler, if you're interested in discovering them yourself. Spoilers do not have to always have to be about plot; hence the oft-seen modifier, "plot spoiler."

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

MarioFanaticXV wrote:
Where? No spoilers were mentioned, only mechanics. Spoilers refer to plot details that are meant to be surprises.

Even if I agreed with your definition of spoilers (which I don't*), did you know that the way you unlock variants is (mostly) through replicating specific things that have happened in the plot of the comics of Sentinels, so would qualify.

* Spoilers to me are any information about the game/show/book which lessen the enjoyment.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Matchstickman wrote:

Spoilers to me are any information about the game/show/book which lessen the enjoyment.

That's a poor definition I'd say

Though I agree with it in it's own way

The problem with it

from where I sit

is that there's two definitions, okay?

There's two parts to the definition of 'spoiler'.  The first part, is exactly what you said - any information which spoils your enjoyment.  But not everyone gets spoiled by the same things.  So the more frequently used definition is something closer to "any information provided by someone who isn't the content creater before the content creater intended it to be revealed in the course of consuming the content".  This is a more useful definition, because it provides a more measurable and less opinion-based definition of spoilers.  It's almost certainly more broad than it needs to be, but that's intentional, overshooting won't spoil anyone, while undershooting might.

By this definition, the triggers to get the promos would count as spoilers, thus allowing the consumers the choice of whether or not it will spoil them.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Pages