The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Rook City Game Days in Indianapolis

34 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Rook City Game Days in Indianapolis

Christopher will be coming to game days in Indianapolis to promote Rook City for the weekend of April 21, 22 (and possibly some days before and after).

The whole schedule is not yet worked out, but we have nailed down a couple of them, so start saving the dates:

Sat 11am-2pm Game Preserve Lafayette
Sat 4pm-7pm Game Preserve Greenwood

We are also talking to GP Greenwood, GP Bloomington, Comic Carnival, Downtown Comics, Arsenal, Saltire, and Gamerz.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Looking forward to it! I'm open all weekend, but Friday night I'll probably be busy.

Thanks for coordinating all this!

Rabit

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Yay!!

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

So, I talked with the guy at Arsenal, he said he is willing to participate in the Rook City events, he just has to get the dates set in stone.

Also, looking at some of the places, it looks like you guys are going all over central Indiana.  Any plans maybe to start a carpool for people wanting to participate at all events?

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

TheJayMann wrote:
So, I talked with the guy at Arsenal, he said he is willing to participate in the Rook City events, he just has to get the dates set in stone.

I have attempted to reach the folks at Arsenal and have not heard back from them, but am hoping to nail down a date soon.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

I wish my college wasn't so far away to the south. Why can't I go to Hanover?

You're free to do whatever you want to.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Eight stores confirmed so far:

4/18    Wed    5pm-8pm, Game Preserve Bloomington

4/19    Thu    11am-2pm, downtown store for Downtown Comics
                5-8pm, Arsenal

4/20    Fri    Nothing yet -- Looking at Saltire, most likely, and possibly the westside Downtown Comics as well

4/21    Sat    11am-2pm Game Preserve Lafayette
                4-7pm Game Preserve Greenwood
                8-11, Gamerz

4/22    Sun    noon-3pm Game Preserve Fashion Mall Commons
                3:30pm-5pm Comic Carnival

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

I'll see if I can make it. At least it's another reason to make the drive to visit my girlfriend. Maybe she'll play with us this time.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Well, with the exception of going from Laffayette to Greenwood (you'll likely need all two hours between) at least the store locations make sense this time.  (I may have to take two days vacation.)

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Alright, so it looks like I'll be coming up that weekend. I'd love to skip all my classes, but I'll try and make it on one of the weekend days. Probably at the GP Greenwood, or Comic Carnival. See you all again soon!

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Actually, wait, I saw the dates wrong. I thought those were for this month. So, I'll still have to see if I can make it those days next month. I'll probably be able to make it with some of my birthday money by that time.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Looking forward to it! I'm planning on making the Sat & Sun events, and should be able to make Thur's at the Arsenal.

Many thanks for setting all this up!  :D

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

I'm curious about Wednesday.  Is that the only one you plan?  If so I'll just end up taking two days off and just leave early Wednesday.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

TheJayMann wrote:
I'm curious about Wednesday.  Is that the only one you plan?  If so I'll just end up taking two days off and just leave early Wednesday.

There will almost certainly not be any other stores planned for Wed.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Any updates since the forums were down?

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Why, yes, there ARE updates:

Current schedule:

4/18    Wed    5pm-8pm, Game Preserve Bloomington
4/19    Thu    11am-2pm, downtown store for Downtown Comics
                5-8pm, Arsenal
4/20    Fri    5pm-8pm, Downtown Comics Westside
4/21    Sat    11am-2pm Game Preserve Lafayette
                4-7pm Game Preserve Greenwood
                8-11, Gamerz
4/22    Sun    noon-3pm Game Preserve Fashion Mall Commons
                3:30pm-5pm Comic Carnival

The only change from previous is the addition of Downtown Comics' westside store on Fri night. There is a chance that we'll get scheduled in to Games2Die4 (also on the westside) on Mon the 23rd, but that's not settled yet.

We were not able to work out a time at Saltire, unfortunately.

TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS! Make it worthwhile for Christopher to have driven all the way over here.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Well, things have changed, and I'm going to be there for sure! I promise! See you all there!

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

So has the Monday been confirmed yet? (Just over a week away now.  Just less than a week away from the first.)

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

TheJayMann wrote:
So has the Monday been confirmed yet? (Just over a week away now.  Just less than a week away from the first.)

I have given up on the Monday date.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Good turnout at the Game Preserve in Bloomington tonight. We had three games going at the same time. I estimate about 15 people were there.

Blossercubbles
Blossercubbles's picture

I'm so jazzed for Saturday! You may have heard from BGG, but I'll be at the Lafayette Game Preserve the 21st.

I fall up the stairs.

"Right, Left, Right, Left! Chu! Chu! Chu!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Two more great events yesterday. We weren't sure we'd have anyone at all at Downtown Comics in the middle of the day, but we had some regulars drop by AND a handful of new players. It was great. Then, at Arsenal, things were really hopping -- three tables playing simultaneously with more people waiting for their turn. Also, for those of you who don't follow Christopher's Tweets (@SentinelsOfTheMultiverse), we had both myself (The Deputy) and one of the Enforcers, so Chris shared a pic of us holding our cards.

Normally for game days and demos we'll play abbreviated games using the simpler-to-play heroes, but one of the games we played last night was five players versus a fully HP'd Spite. Took a loooong time, but was an epic win: Four of five heroes were incapacitated and Mr. Fixer was down to 3 HP when Expatriette finished off Spite with one of her Incapacitated abilities.

Tamar

Just a quick note: the twitter is actually @SentinelsOTM

Glad it sounds like you guys are having fun ^_^

I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself.
I take the words. I scatter them in time... and space.
A message to lead myself here.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

It's a shame a live so far a way, or else I would totally up for going around and helping you guys out and just having a good time.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

I had a great time yesterday playing with everyone. Got to meet Rabit again and JayMann for the first time. I hope to see everyone at Gen Con again!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I had to be away from Indianapolis Fri, Sat, and Sun, but caught up with Christopher and Russ (Rabit) about how things went while I was gone.

Sounds like the Fri event was a bit of a bust but all the others went well and many of them were really excellent. I hear the crowd up in Lafayette was particularly enthusiastic and that the crowd at Gamerz, who were mostly there to play Werewolf, took to the games in ones and twos as people gave it a chance and then started raving about it to the others.

Blossercubbles
Blossercubbles's picture

Well that is marvelous! Glad to hear the minds of the state are being turned toward righteousness.

I fall up the stairs.

"Right, Left, Right, Left! Chu! Chu! Chu!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Also, btw, I and a few others got a chance to see some of the alpha versions of the decks from Infernal Relics. Can't tell you anything about them, but OH MY GOD they are cool.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

And, as much as I kept asking, I didn't....

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Wait, you mean I missed a reveal of an expansion, when I was in town, a second time? I just have the worst luck, don't I?

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

evandan55 wrote:
Wait, you mean I missed a reveal of an expansion, when I was in town, a second time? I just have the worst luck, don't I?

Well ... being in town for the game days isn't really sufficient. Helping to organize game days might be more likely to get you a peek.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

True. Maybe if that other project of mine had been successful, I'd be in on the fun... Kudos for getting stuff done, though. I hardly live in a location that lends itself to game days. I think Bowling Green has exactly one game store. I'm not complaining, though - only pretending to.

So tell us, was it awesome?

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

arenson9 wrote:
Also, btw, I and a few others got a chance to see some of the alpha versions of the decks from Infernal Relics. Can't tell you anything about them, but OH MY GOD they are cool.

Was it awesome? Please see previous quote ...

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

I was expecting an essay about how awesome they were, at least five pages long and detailing how it fit every single aspect of the definition of awesome. But that will do, I suppose.