The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Ronway At KantCon

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker
Ronway At KantCon

Even though I was only there for the one day (which was yesterday) it was highly exciting. I spent most of my time (probably only twenty minutes of the time I was there was somewhere else) at the Sentinels of the Multiverse's table. Got answers to some awesome questions and even a few hints as to what to expect in the next few expansions. So i'm going to be doing some heavy duty research today before I have to prepare for work. I'll probably start talking about my findings when the next expansion has been announced, so that'll probably be in a few more months. Also learned that the next game on >G is going to be co-op aswell which will be a nice touch.

Sadly since KantCon is a extremely small convention there wasn't too many people coming around to play the game, most people where to busy at some other tables role-playing. Guess that isn't all bad since I wouldn't of been able to play as many games as I did or probably ask as many questions either. Though the best game I played would of had to of been the one where I played with Christopher's parents, his younger brother, and Christopher himself. There were even a few people that showed up that had played before which allowed us to take on the villians like Plague Rat and The Chairman, which all ended in victory for the heroes.

Funny thing is is how many people are still buying the core game even after the are pleaded not to since the reprint will be out in about a month. But most of them said they will go ahead and buy the reprint as well they just really wanted to be able to take it home and play it again.

Also! Absolute Zero's nemesis was showed to me. He is on Tempest's card Aquatic Correspondence. I'm so positive about it that i'll take any bets.

Riffian

Ronway wrote:
Absolute Zero's nemesis was showed to me. He is on Tempest's card Aquatic Correspondence.

... I thought that fish looked evil!

but seriously is it the brain looking thing in the background trying to be coral
is his nemesis a brain
a brain in a jar

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Rookie mistake. It's the bubbles.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Wait... they are TELLING people NOT to buy the game yet, and people are INSISTING that they buy 2 copies of it because they can't wait to play it?

... If that's not an overwhelming success, then I don't know what is.

And no. Absolute Zero's nemesis...

is TEMPEST!

(dun dun DUUNNNNNNNN)

For real though, there's nothing on AC that could possibly be anyone's nemesis; especially not one for a completely different, non-aquatic hero.

Unless the EE version of it has a different picture, I'll gladly take that bet. It should be specified that we are betting that the thing on Correspondence IS or IS NOT his nemesis; "looks like" or "possibly could be" is not good enough. If, when the villain is revealed, it's ambiguous or just hard to tell, we can ask Christopher.

My bet is $30, to be delivered via the online purchase of a good or service of the winner's choice. Nothing NSFW, illegal, or otherwise something you wouldn't be willing to let everyone else in your family know you were buying, though.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Riffian

:o

Or it could be the coral. Maybe it's fire coral.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Fine everyone, i'll just tell you all what Absolute Zero's nemesis is. It is the ocean itself. It has a vast amount of minions at its disposal which include Sharks, Whales, and Ocotopi. (This is all a fabrication, Absolute Zero's nemesis has nothing to do with Aquatic Correspondence, but I did infact ask Christopher if Absolute Zero's Nemesis was the Eel. In which I got a answer of maybe it is or maybe it isn't.)

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

... I'll take my Balloonicorn now.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

-- Trajector

LtSterling

Just met Christopher at Kantcon and I can't thank him enough for the time he spent demoing the game to me and my family... We played a full game and had blast talking with him and his assistant and enjoying some sweet dinosaur sounds  :)  For a guy with a hit game and some very impressive Kick Starter Campaigns he could not have been more humble and down to earth - plus he was so enthusiastic it was infectious... If I did not know better I would have sworn this was his first con!

Needless to say we bought the game - he tried in vain to talk us out of it with the new version coming out shortly with better card quality, a new box, markers, etc. etc.  We just couldn't wait - plus he was good enough to pose for a picture and sign it for us...

I heard so much about this game on the the Dice Tower - it was great to finally get to give it go...

Sincere thanks to Christopher for making our weekend!

Dave Williams and Family

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

To quote the Soldier from TF2:

"Now THAT is what I wanna see!" It's great to see that so many other people are so enthusiastic about the game! I'm not even involved in making it or anything -- I've never even met any of the creators -- yet I feel proud whenever I hear this kind of story.

Maybe it's because hearing about other people liking what I like makes me feel validated. I don't know.

-- Trajector

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

LtSterling wrote:
Just met Christopher at Kantcon and I can't thank him enough for the time he spent demoing the game to me and my family... We played a full game and had blast talking with him and his assistant and enjoying some sweet dinosaur sounds  :)  For a guy with a hit game and some very impressive Kick Starter Campaigns he could not have been more humble and down to earth - plus he was so enthusiastic it was infectious... If I did not know better I would have sworn this was his first con!

Christopher certainly can make the game ever more fun than it already is. It would be fun to have a sound track of him reading off cards and such that people can use whenever they are playing a game to get that feel for everyone game. Or I could start doing it myself, but i'm not sure I can reach his level of entertainment.

Riffian

Ronway wrote:
Christopher certainly can make the game ever more fun than it already is.

Seconded. Although I live in the UK so I'll probably have scarce chance to meet any of the >G gang, just listening to how enthusiastically he talks about the game in recent podcasts gets me excited about playing.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Riffian wrote:
Although I live in the UK so I'll probably have scarce chance to meet any of the >G gang ...

Can you make it to Spiel?

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Riffian

Would love to go to Spiel this year but I doubt I could afford it. Lots of other expenses. Perhaps in future years, though...

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

oooooh...
Assuming you mean Spiel des Jahres?
If this wins that, it would be awesome! Of all the best possible things that would be THE! BEST! POSSIBLE! THING!

-- Trajector

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Spiel (aka Essen after where it is held) is a gaming convention held in Germany, it's the biggest gaming convention in the world, bigger even than GenCon.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!