The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Requisition Phase In The Rulebook

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Krayden006
Krayden006's picture
Requisition Phase In The Rulebook

I'm having trouble reconciling the Gain Credits Event text with the Example sidebar on page 8.  The rules text says "If additional cards are added to or removed from a player's hand after the start of the Requisition phase, that player's available credits for the phase do not change."

The example says "At the beginning of the Requisition phase, a player has four cards in hand with a total Value of 100.  They then play Even the Odds, allowing them to draw two cards.  These two new cards have a combined Value of 50, but Even the Odds, with a Value of 20, is recycled when played.  Consequently, the player gains 130 during the Gain Credits Event."

They seem to contradict each other.  You start the phase with 100 credits.  No matter if you add or remove cards from your hand, you have 100 credits.  One card is played adding two cards to your hand for a net gain of 30 credits.  Am I missing something?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

It is because you can play Boosts after each event. So it looks like this:

-Activate R icons

-Play Boosts (optional)

-Gain credits

It doesn't matter what cards you have at the beginning of the phase, all that matters is the cards at the beginning of the Gain Credits event. I think the example is right, and the rule book should have said "at the beginning of the Gain Credits Event" and not "the beginning of the Requisition phase."

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Phases are divided into sub-events. Players may play cards inbetween these events.

During [R], the first event is "Icon Activation" (like it is for every phase). After Icon Activation, players may play cards before the next event, which is the "Gain Credits" event. 

Even the Odds was played in between the Icon event and the Gain Credit event. Whatever is in your hand at the start of the Credit event is your total, not nessesarily the start of the entire phase itself.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Didn't I say that?

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Ninja'd dude.