The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Rename the book cover!

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence
Rename the book cover!

This is a fairly irregular contest held by the scifi/fantasy book review website fantasyliterature.com.  The basic premise is that there are some books with really ugly/horrifying/bizarre covers, and we need to come up with titles for books that would actually match the cover.

The game is fun, so I thought I'd share it with all of you!  Here is the ongoing competition (mildly NSFW).  I've tried to come up with a name for this one, but I can't beat some of the ones already suggested.

But we don't have to stop at the current cover!  Here are the other seventeen* covers to rename:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Some are worse than others.

Now start renaming away!

Also, it's worth noting that FantasyLiterature.com has a giveaway like this (not always rename-this-cover, though) every Thursday.  So if you are interested in any of the books in their stacks, then I definitely recommend visiting frequently.

*When I started gathering them, I'd forgotten that there were so many.  Please do not feel obliged to name all of them.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

For number one I would rename "Man Yells at Cloud"

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31