The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Relic?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
mocachild
Relic?

This is probably a  stupid question, but what is the purpose of making Fanatic's equipment also a relic?  What precisely does that do for her?  I guess i don't know what a relic is and how it changes gameplay.

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

Look at her "End of Days" card.  I think you'll find the answer there.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

That as well as Apostate's Apocalypse.  And possible future cards which mention Relics generically. (Thus far, I've only noticed End of Days and Apocalypse actually make references to Relics outside of their own decks.)

General rule is that there are only two keywords which matter for general gameplay purposes.  A 'One-shot" card is played, and then discarded once the card has resolved. A card that does not have the 'One-shot' keyword remains in play after initial resolution of the card.  A 'Limitted" card can only have one copy of that card in play on the table at one time.  All other keywords (including generic keywords such as 'Device,' 'Equipment,' and 'Ongoing') only matter as a keyword mentioned by other cards.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Pretty much this, yeah. The keywords are there for OCCASIONAL referencing, but mostly for flavor. Honestly, having it be a "relic" just plain says cool. 2 cards reference it, but otherwise that's all it's there for.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

mocachild

sweet.  thanks all.