The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Redirecting AE damage

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cschilling1124
Redirecting AE damage

So when a card says to redirect the next damage dealt by a target, and the target does an WE attack, would that redirect all of that attacks damage, or just the first instance of damage (just the damage to 1 card), as a tangent, what about modifiers that adjust the next damage someone deals, would that only modify the damage to the first target damaged or all targets damaged by the first effect? (I.e. hypersonic assault)

Christopher Schilling

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

They all affect the next single instance of damage as there can only be one next instacne of damage, even in an AoE attack.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Also, if an attack deals two hits of damage (say, Fanatic's base power, which deals two hits of one point of damage to a single target), each of those hits is a separate instance. So something that takes effect "the next time damage is/would be dealt" only gets to trigger off the first of those hits.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Cschilling1124

Thank you both, there was a huge debate over it between 2 of my friends and this cleared it up

Christopher Schilling

Joebobjoe
Playtester

Basically the important thing to remember with damage in Sentinels is that multiple target or hit damage isn’t resolved simultaneously. Technically each hit occurs in a sequence of your choosing, which can be quite useful if you’ve got someone with retaliatory damage and the attacker is low on health. Or if you’re hitting a bunch of Genebound and want to kill the Guards first.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Yup, and same for if, say, an Apocalypse/End of Days is going off and you happen to have a Bee Bot out - choose the order of destruction such that any cards you don't like (say, from the environment) are destroyed first, then destroy Bee Bot, who destroys Apocalypse/End of Days and thus means that nothing else gets destroyed. So everyone gets to keep their stuff (unless they wanted it destroyed because then cool stuff would happen), except for Unity who loses that one ickle bot-bot ;).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)