The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Ravenloft

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Etheria
Ravenloft

I am gonna be playing in a Ravenloft game. 5ed rules

Help me come up with a character.

ogseamus
ogseamus's picture
Playtester

Sounds awesome. Any particular class you like? If not, who are your favorite heroes to play in Sentinels?

Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

Etheria

Irritatingly, I find something to like about all classes, as I do about all the heroes.

Forced to choose it would probably be Vengance Paladin or Valour Bard and Tachyon and Sky Scraper

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Unfortunately I've never played in the Ravenloft setting or with DnD 5th Edition rules so I'm not sure I can help. But yay DnD :D.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

5e is really just a better version of 3.0 and 3.5.  Simpler rules, easier to teach.  

Paladins in Ravenloft probably have a death-wish.  Maybe be a dishonored Noble going to Ravenloft from someplace else to commit honorable suicide by fighting the good fight.  What did you do to become dishonored?  Or do you have a particular target in Ravenloft for your vengeance?

Bards can fit anywhere.  As a Valour bard, they're a better fighter.  Is your bardic style based around your weapon?  Maybe have a "singing" blade, a sword with an odd notch in it that sounds different depending on how you swing it through the air.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Ravenloft is a perfect setting for a Van Helsing style monster hunter.  Ranger can work really well to reflect that; a few arcane 'tricks' to aid in combat, favored enemy (undead), and a combat style of your choice.  Bonus points if your GM lets you reskin a bow or crossbow as a blunderbuss.

Etheria

Guns are already houseruled into the game, so no probs there xD

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Do you want to play someone who succumbs to evil? Or someone who confronts it? In the 5th Ed version, that will be important. Your character’s personality and interests are going to significantly influence how they progress through the story.

Of course, it also depends on how your GM is using it. Are they running the adventure as-written? (If so, I’m very sorry... ) Are they inserting it into an existing campaign structure/concept? 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Etheria

I do not think we are using the adventure, just the campaign setting. We are fairly set on playing a group that resists the call of evil