The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Ra, Living Conflagration, flipped Citizen Dawn

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rood.Inverse
Ra, Living Conflagration, flipped Citizen Dawn
  • Living Conflagration grants the power: "Ra deals 1 target 1 fire damage. You may also draw a card."[/*]
  • Flipped Citizen Dawn is immune to damage.[/*]

Drawing from the errata on Wraith, "However, If the incoming damage to Wraith is reduced to the point where she actually takes no damage, then the damage done to the attacking target never happens."

As I understand it, if damage is reduced to 0, the damage doesn't ~actually~ happen. And if damage doesn't actually happen, then you do not get riders from the power that deals damage?

I found something in another thread that seems to support this idea, I think.

TheJayMann wrote:
First, immunity is immunity, period.  If not, then it could easily be contrived that "Oh, the immunity was applied first, so 0 damage, but then the +1 modifier means I still hit him for a point of damage."  Second, Christopher has stated that if an attack results in zero or fewer points of damage, the attack is then canceled, and thus there is no damage, and no responses to damage.

That said, Ra and Absolute Zero can have their moments, given almost any other situation.

Does this mean that Ra doesn't deal damage at all (no damage, no response), and does not draw a card? Or does it mean that Ra deals 0 damage, and draws 1 card?

Gnipp
Playtester

I'm thinking that the power has 2 effects: 

#1:  Ra deals 1 target 1 fire damage.
#2  You may also draw a card.

Nowhere on the card does it have to say #1 has to happen to get #2  Some cards have effects which are based upon the target actually taking damage, but this one doesn't.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Gnipp is correct.  The card would be worded differently if the draw effect were reliant on damage being dealt.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi