The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Quick question about the foil Scions.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture
Quick question about the foil Scions.

So I didn't think much of this when I got my game- I was mostly just excited to have everything. The Oblivaeon booklet and Scion cards are identical to the versions found in the Oblivaeon expansion, only with the foil effects added. At first I assumed that I had just missed or forgotten a mention that the scions would be the same as their non-foil counterparts, and they do look pretty cool still, so I wasn't really worried about it. But then I was going through the Kickstarter updates again, and I found this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/sentinels-of-the-multiverse-oblivaeon/posts/1512909

Any of the cards that can be found in the Oversized Villain Card Pack on our website will not have new art - Adam just redid all the arts for those cards in the last year. However, Adam WILL be doing unique art for all of the other villain character cards. Which means 10 new arts for Vengeance, 22 new arts for Villains of the Multiverse, AND 4 alternate arts for OblivAeon and 20 alternate arts for Scions. (Those numbers might seem twice as high as what you might expect - I'm counting two arts for each character card: front and back.)

Emphasis added.

I'm not seeing this discussed anywhere else, so... Did I miss another post later that rescinded this? If not, does anyone else have this problem with their foil set?

Hankroyd

Well ... I don't see this as a 'problem'.

I was a little surprised when I saw the art but it's not something that will prevent me from sleeping at night or enjoying the game.

Maybe there was a mistake discovered too late, or maybe lack of time prevented Adam to do the 24 new arts.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

It was my main question of those who got it when shipping started as I was unsure if the Scions and OblivAeon would have alternate art or not. I wish they did have alternate art.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31