The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Question on multiplayer

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
morph147
Question on multiplayer

I know you guys have started demoing multiplayer do you know if the plan is to have it out with infernal relics or another expansion or will this be a release at a different time

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I'm pretty sure the timeline for multiplayer is just that it will be released when ready and that it is not directly tied to any of the expansion releases.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

Although my prediction of with Infernal Relics if not sooner is looking fairly accurate.

AlexxKay

I know that if I were them, I'd be relasing something as big and complex as multiplayer by itself.  If they manage to release a multiplayer game that doesn't cause major stress on the developer with immediate post-release patching, they will be one of the very very few who have ever accomplished such a task.

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

Given the small amount of bugs they had with Rook City I'm not too worried.  Plus with them demoing it on the livestream they're under heavy fire to make it work properly, and I think the viewers will make sure they put the multiplayer through it's paces.

morph147

bluedarky wrote:

Given the small amount of bugs they had with Rook City I'm not too worried.  Plus with them demoing it on the livestream they're under heavy fire to make it work properly, and I think the viewers will make sure they put the multiplayer through it's paces.

plus this gives the viewers input on making it better. I hope next time they demo it though they have gotten to the point that the game knows how to quit when it is over

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

morph147 wrote:

bluedarky wrote:

plus this gives the viewers input on making it better. I hope next time they demo it though they have gotten to the point that the game knows how to quit when it is over

That one made me laugh, "Multiplayer doesn't currently support ending the game."

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Yep, multiplayer is on a separate track so it won't delay or be delayed by expansions. We're also planning a more extensive beta program for it including a public beta. Most likely we'll be using it on the stream most weeks from now on, so you'll be able to monitor our progress pretty easily =)

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

morph147

MigrantP wrote:

Yep, multiplayer is on a separate track so it won't delay or be delayed by expansions. We're also planning a more extensive beta program for it including a public beta. Most likely we'll be using it on the stream most weeks from now on, so you'll be able to monitor our progress pretty easily =)

i really hope the next progress we see is multiplayer now supports ending the game.

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

morph147 wrote:

MigrantP wrote:

i really hope the next progress we see is multiplayer now supports ending the game.

TBH we might not notice if that's fixed for a couple of weeks, they just smashed Dawn fast enough to have a second, even more epic, game.