The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Publishers’ Note #6

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Publishers’ Note #6

More Christopher and Paul and canes which don't show up well in audio form  

https://theletterspage.libsyn.com/publishers-note-6

Upcoming schedule:

• Tuesday, November 3rd: Episode #159 - Creative Process: Dark Watch Villiains
  • Tuesday, November 10th: Publishers’ Note #7
  • Tuesday, November 17th: Episode #160 - Writers’ Room: NightMist vs Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde
  • Tuesday, November 24th: Publishers’ Note #8

Recording schedule:

• Friday, October 30th: Episode #159 - Creative Process: Dark Watch Villiains
  • Friday, November 6th: Publishers’ Note #7
  • Friday, November 13th: Episode #160 - Writers’ Room: NightMist vs Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde
  • Friday, November 20th: Publishers’ Note #8

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

That feeling when the Christopher will not eat the bread.

Ah, and now I understand the nature of the universe: Christopher has limited time! What a sucky universe. :C

Oh man, that quiz show music. XD Trevor's done it again! I was walking on a treadmill and rocking the heck out every time Paul got an answer right.

Now that Christopher has 'shown off' his collection of canes, my question is: Is he familiar/capable with the cane self-defense martial arts?

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

Baritsu is the art you are thinking of right Takewalker?

Attachment(s): 

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

This has a more in-depth presentation.

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

nice.
when i did my my research for my Shadowrun Face/Adept i could not find a free reprint of that old article

back to the episode they were talking about pod cast recommendations Daren Watts from the History of Sentinels writing team has one

https://explainthis.podbean.com/

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Can I just say how I appreciate that Paul has embraced the "making things up" mantle with flying colors? The bit where he was asked about the various Sentinels corporations was great.

Also WalkingTarget grabbed some piccies of Christopher's canes to add to his summary notes: https://imgur.com/a/qGBGGlN

(The context is that earlier that day in the Letters Page chat Christopher was making a joking old man rant about kids these days, someone joke asked if he needed a stick to wave at those kids, I said my old woman self is envious because I bet that Christopher actually has a fancy cane to shake and he confirmed he did and he'd show them if I asked. Which of course I did because heck yes I want to see fancy canes.)

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

It was truly some excellent radio. :)

Thanks, Jeysie and WalkingTarget!

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Cool to hear the shout-out for C.S. Friedman! This Alien Shore is excellent. In Conquest Born was the first of her novels that I read, and I found it really captivating.